• ¡Welcome to the PortraitPro Forum!
  • Portrait Professional is now PortraitPro!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Enlarging pupil
I have read the instructions, several times, and I have tried everything that seems imaginable. I figured how to reduce the size of the pupil, to match the photo, but I cannot, for anything, imagine how I can increase it. I seem to wind up deleting the eyeball read altogether, often as not. Sad

I am not aware that you could enlarge the pupil or did I miss something?! Perhaps I should try this out when I am more free!

(05-25-2013, 03:49 AM)williamting Wrote: I am not aware that you could enlarge the pupil or did I miss something?! Perhaps I should try this out when I am more free!

... I'm quite sure there would be a way to increase pupil size as well as there is a way to decrease it, and the whole retina, etc., to correct the automatic "read" when needed. Wish we could get an answer! Sad

rsmg, I know that you could adjust iris but can't remember the pupil part. As for the iris part, you just drag/move the circular (or oval) thingy over the eyes. You need to click on the respective anchor point on the circle to drag it bigger or smaller like what I believe you have been doing.

(05-28-2013, 03:24 AM)williamting Wrote: rsmg, I know that you could adjust iris but can't remember the pupil part. As for the iris part, you just drag/move the circular (or oval) thingy over the eyes. You need to click on the respective anchor point on the circle to drag it bigger or smaller like what I believe you have been doing.

... Right. Thank you. I've got that. I know I can click on the outer circle and bring it in, a little smaller than the inner circle, release, then bring the outer back out. but bringing the inner, out, I can't figure out and can't seem to find it, in the directions, either. I need that all the time! :/

rsmg,
I tested it and indeed you can adjust the iris. I seldom use this feature!

Ok, to get it to work well, you zoom the image to the max possible. This is because the iris is usually quite small.

I assume that you are using "View Before and After" window.

When you move the mouse to the pupil or iris, one of the two circles or anchor point will turn orange. This means that you can now change the size or shape. Click and drag on the circumference will increase or decrease the size. Click and drag on the anchor point on the circle will change the shape. To move the bull eye of the iris, simply click on the cross hair at the center of the iris - you need to move the mouse to the center before the cross hair appears.

Hope the above helps!

You must be taking a lot of photos for models?

Used properly, the eyes will look very amazing!

(05-28-2013, 03:34 PM)williamting Wrote: rsmg,
I tested it and indeed you can adjust the iris. I seldom use this feature!

Ok, to get it to work well, you zoom the image to the max possible. This is because the iris is usually quite small.

I assume that you are using "View Before and After" window.

When you move the mouse to the pupil or iris, one of the two circles or anchor point will turn orange. This means that you can now change the size or shape. Click and drag on the circumference will increase or decrease the size. Click and drag on the anchor point on the circle will change the shape. To move the bull eye of the iris, simply click on the cross hair at the center of the iris - you need to move the mouse to the center before the cross hair appears.

Hope the above helps!

You must be taking a lot of photos for models?

Used properly, the eyes will look very amazing!

Thank you William. I find I am able to activate the larger ring in the eye and move it in and out but the smaller iris ring closest to the center is not responsive that way. When I click on it, I simply get the response I would get if I had clicked on the x in the middle. I am, now, in contact with tech support people and will pass along what I learn. Thank you again sir.

rsmg,

When you move the mouse pointer to the inner ring, it will change from green to orange. When that happen, you can just click and drag to whatever size you want.

Note that the two circles for the eye control seems to be exclusive of each other, so like what you have found out, clicking the outer ring has no effect on the inner ring.

Again, to make this work, you have to really zoom in.