• ¡Welcome to the PortraitPro Forum!
  • Portrait Professional is now PortraitPro!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any thoughts on improving neck/jowl lines?
Attached are head shots of two subjects. I'm pretty happy with the overall results (still looks like them but with enhancements) but I know they won't be happy with the neck area. I've used the neck adjustment tools - any suggestions for me? Thanks in advance.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[attachment=600]
(04-21-2013, 03:33 PM)sheshoots Wrote: Attached are head shots of two subjects. I'm pretty happy with the overall results (still looks like them but with enhancements) but I know they won't be happy with the neck area. I've used the neck adjustment tools - any suggestions for me? Thanks in advance.

Hi,
I'm not sure much else can be done in PP but if you have Photoshop try the Liquify filter with Forward Warp tool.
I had a quick attempt (attached) as a rough guide to what can be done.
Regards
Keith

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

outside of software (keithblan did a great job), next time:
- ask the subjects to push their chins out, called "turtling" - it feels weird but helps with the jawline. I call it "lift and project", which seems to resonate, especially with a demonstration.
- ask the male subject to tip his head a bit to his left shoulder (counter to the typical advice of tipping to the lowered, leading shoulder)
- ask the female subject to turn her shoulders more