• ¡Welcome to the PortraitPro Forum!
  • Portrait Professional is now PortraitPro!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More Suggestions
I just spent an entire weekend finishing a portrait album for a client.  This was the first project where I extensively used Portrait Professional throughout.  Fresh from this experience, I have several wishes for for improving the product.  These are ranked in order of importance and value, from my POV, with highest first:

- I would like there to be a keyboard shortcut for turning the visibility of the skin and hair masks on and off.

- Undo and Redo for brush strokes would be very useful.

- I would like to be able to see and edit the skin mask only, with the  image turned off; this would be helpful, for instance, in quickly spotting and dealing with errors in the automatically generated mask.

- PP is intended for frontal portraits, and it gets confused by other types of portraits, such as profiles.  PP's skin smoothing function is very good, so in order for me to apply it when working on several portraits in the album that did not include a frontal face, I had to trick PP by "lying" about where the image's facial features were, then turning off PP's face sculpt, eye and mouth controls.  It would be valuable and more efficient if PP were to offer a "no face" option during image import to accommodate such applications; in "no face" mode, the facial feature ID sequences during image import would be skipped, and the above mentioned controls would automatically be turned off.

Thank you for considering the above.

See my inline comments

[quote=Lumacraft]
I just spent an entire weekend finishing a portrait album for a client.  This was the first project where I extensively used Portrait Professional throughout.  Fresh from this experience, I have several wishes for for improving the product.  These are ranked in order of importance and value, from my POV, with highest first:

- I would like there to be a keyboard shortcut for turning the visibility of the skin and hair masks on and off.

I've added it to our suggestions database.

We currently have a single step of undo. Click undo last to undo the last brush stroke. We are considering adding more levels.

- I would like to be able to see and edit the skin mask only, with the  image turned off; this would be helpful, for instance, in quickly spotting and dealing with errors in the automatically generated mask.

- PP is intended for frontal portraits, and it gets confused by other types of portraits, such as profiles.  PP's skin smoothing function is very good, so in order for me to apply it when working on several portraits in the album that did not include a frontal face, I had to trick PP by "lying" about where the image's facial features were, then turning off PP's face sculpt, eye and mouth controls.  It would be valuable and more efficient if PP were to offer a "no face" option during image import to accommodate such applications; in "no face" mode, the facial feature ID sequences during image import would be skipped, and the above mentioned controls would automatically be turned off.

We are currently considering profile shots for Portrait Professional. It is very high up on our priority list, so it is quite likely to make it into the next version.

See my replies below.

admin Wrote:- I would like there to be a keyboard shortcut for turning the visibility of the skin and hair masks on and off.

Thank you!

We currently have a single step of undo.  Click undo last to undo the last brush stroke.  We are considering adding more levels.
To be clearer, what I would like is standard keyboard undo and redo to work with brushstrokes -- ctrl/z and ctrl/y for PC.  I found out the hard way that ctrl/z and ctrl/y are active when using the brush, but they affect other previously given commands, not the brushstrokes, which is confusing and can have undesirable consequences.

Thank you!

We are currently considering profile shots for Portrait Professional.  It is very high up on our priority list, so it is quite likely to make it into the next version.
That's great news! But I would still like there to be a better way for PP to handle situations where no face is visible.  The album that I did contained boudoir/glamour images, including several with lots of skin but no face.  This subject was very concerned about her stretch marks, and with PP much less work was required for me to make her happy; however, as I mentioned, it would be great if it were less awkward to use PP in these instances.

I'd like to see a no face option too to just work on skin and sculpting.

A reset value by slider and a numerical value by slider will be nice

See how LightRoom does it....!

Reset to default value by clicking the label and the ALT key....Smile

Be able to zoom on the image anytime....from step one !

I prefer to work with "custom presets" or to "save my settings as" any chance?

(10-31-2010, 08:51 PM)BLUEBERRY Wrote: I'd like to see a no face option too to just work on skin and sculpting.

I totally agree with this!!!! Especially for children.