• ¡Welcome to the PortraitPro Forum!
  • Portrait Professional is now PortraitPro!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Offline Version
Hi,

Exist a Version of PP for Computers wich are not conected to the Grid?
On my Fotoatelier i have 3 PC Stations but only one is connected to the WWW. The other 2 Stations are Offline Picture Enhancement stations.
Exist a possibility for use Picture Professional without a connection to the Antropix Server?
Thanx in advence for your reply

Jörg
http://www.recovis.ch

Hi Jörg,

Currently we do not offer a version of Portrait Professional that works standalone. While we realise this is unsuitable for some people, we currently need to make part of the application server based, in order to protect ourselves against piracy.

Tony

Haefeli Wrote:Hi,

On my Fotoatelier i have 3 PC Stations but only one is connected to the WWW. The other 2 Stations are Offline Picture Enhancement stations.
Exist a possibility for use Picture Professional without a connection to the Antropix Server?

Jörg

I think a solution would be to make the registration check only once a month and if the account does not exist, lock up the whole application. This way people could use it off-line when needed and plug it in on first of each month to re-activate it.

This would be much better than constant connections to your server. I know piracy is a big deal, but poor piracy preventions only discourage your potential clients to actually buy your product. If this is how you want it, I encourage you to rethink the issue. This is not how you end up with big bucks.

Hi Jorg,

We are currently only offering a server based version of PortraitPorfession for two reasons.

Firstly, we have spent many man years ,and a considerable amount of money researching and developing the new technologies that have made this product possible.

These new technologies are unique in the world at this time. We would therefore be very unhappy to see the technology pirated, which sadly would almost certainly happen if parts of the software was not restricted to our servers.

Secondly, we would have to charge considerably more for a 'stand alone' version due to the loss of sales that would occur through piracy.

So for the time being we prefer to keep our prices low and offer only a server based product.

I would be interested to know how many people would be prepared to pay much more for stand alone software.

Best Regards,

Andrew from Anthropics Technology Ltd
Haefeli Wrote:Hi,

Jörg

hi,

i understand your problem with piracy, but other software have the same problem.
Think on 3D studio max, Adobe-palette all programms, Quark, Microsoft..all..., i think a good software, like your Portrait professional, a good software can have a price!
a fair price!
Please offer a standalone Version, of course a stand alone version is not so chep like a server version.

Please understand me!
Im free working Fotographer with a portrait studio for conventional erotical and portrait photography, so the data on my workstation is very difficile and im not interested for a connection to the www.
only when my workstation is not connected to www, only then i can 100% sure that nobody can "see" pictures they are very very privat, so please you must understand that i dont purchase your software, because if i purchase i must have a connection to the web and i dont wanna transfer data from one to another computer...

i hope you understand my very bad english...
sory about

grettings

jörg

I'd pay extra for standalone. Maybe make it that the program had to be activated like Photoshop, and the activation to be checked and verified online say monthly?

On second thoughts, activation and verification wouldn't stop the program from being hacked and pirated.

if I can't use it to preview 'in the field' (not all of us work in studios you know) and am also my ability to work is dependent on the internet connection working (like nobody ever has problems where its borked for days on end) AND your end is working correctly, well its not really aimed at pros is it?

'Software as a service' is a brilliant idea until it doesn't work

I'd disagree. The nearest product to this is the well known Digital Gem airbrush and it doesn't come close to Portrait Pro. For a start it doesn't mask the eyes, lips etc. and doesn't sculpt. The available tweaking is very limited compared to PP and it also costs $99 compared to $39 for PP...

I know I would like to use a version of PP on my lap top when I am out and about! Even if I had to hook my pc to the internet every month.