• ¡Welcome to the PortraitPro Forum!
  • Portrait Professional is now PortraitPro!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
question before upgrading
I have bought the standalone version and want to upgrade to PS plugin. Before I do, I have a few questions I hope you can answer. As a plugin, can I:

1. Reduce opacity on PPro on the PS layer? (like I do with Portraiture) to decrease overall edit? I know the slider is in PPro but once I'm back in PS I might decide to change that...can I?

2. I work in 32 bit...is that ok? I would just need to install the plugin in the 32 bit CS5 plugin folder, right?

Thx for any help.

(02-01-2013, 06:17 PM)bcgal00 Wrote: I have bought the standalone version and want to upgrade to PS plugin. Before I do, I have a few questions I hope you can answer. As a plugin, can I:

1. Reduce opacity on PPro on the PS layer? (like I do with Portraiture) to decrease overall edit? I know the slider is in PPro but once I'm back in PS I might decide to change that...can I?

2. I work in 32 bit...is that ok? I would just need to install the plugin in the 32 bit CS5 plugin folder, right?

Thx for any help.

1. If you copy the background layer in PS then apply PP to the layer copy you can reduce the opacity of that layer once back in PS. However if you have done any sculpting the result may look distinctly odd. If you have a single layer in PS and apply PP to it you can't reduce the PP effects once back in PS. Hope that makes sense.

2. I think that during the installation process of PP you will be given a choice of all the versions of PS on your computer for which the plug-in is suitable. I'd suggest you select all of them. Incidentally the 32bit version of PP is perfectly fine.

Keith