• ¡Welcome to the PortraitPro Forum!
  • Portrait Professional is now PortraitPro!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Red blotches/Tint on faces after editing in PP
Hi David,

I've replied to your other post.

Emma

I've just bought PP Studio Max ver 12.2.1

Workflow
1) Aperture to PP
or
2) Aperture to Photoshop to PP

Both having a reddish tint on the face when saved back to aperture. I'm using ProPhoto colourspace for editing.
I've read the comments here and tried changing to sRGB. There's some blotches on the skin.
And using sRGB is a waste of the colour gamut on RAW files to my print output.

Any solutions to this?

I've tried several combinations with the same image.
It seems like the main culprit that contributes to the reddish tint is Modeling & Fix lighting options under Skin Lighting Controls.
Seems like the reddish tint is some form of masking in the app to alter the highlights & shadows to shape the face.

Colour correcting using the Skin Colouring Controls doesn't really help much.

Can the developers sort this bug out?

(12-23-2014, 04:30 AM)Azmi Wrote: I've tried several combinations with the same image.
It seems like the main culprit that contributes to the reddish tint is Modeling & Fix lighting options under Skin Lighting Controls.
Seems like the reddish tint is some form of masking in the app to alter the highlights & shadows to shape the face.

I do not use a Mac, so I can only suggest that you open a support ticket with this link:
http://www.portraitprofessional.com/supp...ket_submit

PortraitProfessional Forum

I'm having the same issue with 12.4 on a PC. I put a ticket in before I saw this post. I wish they would get this sorted out.

(12-23-2014, 04:41 AM)tebogan Wrote:
(12-23-2014, 04:30 AM)Azmi Wrote: I've tried several combinations with the same image.

I do not use a Mac, so I can only suggest that you open a support ticket with this link:
http://www.portraitprofessional.com/supp...ket_submit