• ¡Welcome to the PortraitPro Forum!
  • Portrait Professional is now PortraitPro!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wacom tablet
I am using Wacom 4 and newly installed PP 11 (Studio) when trying to adjust blue line at the pointers with the Wacom pen a circle appears and it does not allow me to move the pointer. I have to try few times and then it moves, this is frustrating and time consuming. Have tried with the mouse and it responds instantly, but of course it is not precise and tiresome with the mouse. Any suggestions, Thanks

(12-27-2012, 10:47 PM)AEmlc Wrote: I am using Wacom 4 and newly installed PP 11 (Studio) when trying to adjust blue line at the pointers with the Wacom pen a circle appears and it does not allow me to move the pointer. I have to try few times and then it moves, this is frustrating and time consuming. Have tried with the mouse and it responds instantly, but of course it is not precise and tiresome with the mouse. Any suggestions, Thanks

Wacom Tablet, ring round pen cursor
I use an Intuos Wacom Tablet in Photoshop CS4 x64, and I've been driven crazy by an animated ring that appears when I touch the pen tip to a menu or slider. It made my movements much less precise. E.g. when I tried to drag a slider a short distance (say, 100% opacity to 95%), the pen wouldn't grab the slider at first; and then it would make much too big an adjustment (100% to 50%...).

I've now tracked down the solution, posted on the EU Wacom forum 2 days ago:Wacom Forum - Wacom Europe GmbH | View topic - small annoying things on vista...

Here's what it says:

"Vista has the 'pen inking' from XP TabletPC edition integrated, allowing gesture and handwriting recognition. You can control the settings in a special control panel for this, called 'TabletPC Input' panel. [Pen and Touch, Windows 7.]
*Disable 'Press and Hold' to remove that circle.*

"You could also disable the service 'TabletPC Input Service' or go to device manager, select Human Interface Devices' and disable WacomVirtualHID.*

"Then Vista does not see a pen devices and will not activate those features. The tablet will still work fine on desktop and in usual pressure sensitive applications."

I had already disabled the tablet PC in Services, but apparently that wasn't enough. I disabled Press & Hold, and the ring has vanished.

This is probably well known to Wacom/Photoshop users who migrated to Windows 7 from Vista, but I migrated from XPPro, and the info was tolerably hard to find online, so I'm posting it here in case anyone finds it useful.

Mary

Responding to mine own message, I have found the solution to my problem and here is the result the fixed mine. Thanks to the above message from another having the same problem.
I only had to disable the following

I had already disabled the tablet PC in Services, but apparently that wasn't enough. I disabled Press & Hold, and the ring has vanished

PP 11 the pen worked fine and fast without the treaded ring. Hope others find this solution easy.