• ¡Welcome to the PortraitPro Forum!
  • Portrait Professional is now PortraitPro!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Precious
Hi

This is one of my first photos edit in PP.

[Image: ws1vd3.jpg]

zole, well done for a beginner. I noticed a little bluish within the glass frame. Is it because of the colour of the glasses?

Perhaps, use a lighter touch up brush to lighten the colour under the nose.

(12-07-2012, 02:59 AM)williamting Wrote: zole, well done for a beginner. I noticed a little bluish within the glass frame. Is it because of the colour of the glasses?

Perhaps, use a lighter touch up brush to lighten the colour under the nose.

Thanks Williamting,

This is second photo that i edit in PP (I bought PP two nights ago)Is there any place where i can find some basics instructions.If i understand that you are using different brush strength for different part of the face,also what is the first steps in editing photos in PP.

Thanks

Hi zole,

You ask an interesting question, ie, the first step in editing photos in pp. Not sure whether what I am doing is common for most people.
1. Ensure that the facial outline is reasonably accurately, I mean not ridiculously out. In version 11, it is possible to change interactively which is very neat! Experiment with this.
2. If you notice "strange stubborn" colour on the face which PP refuses to change when you play with the colour slider or Skin Smoothing Control, make sure that you check the skin area.
3. I would normally adjust the colour before I started to work on Skin Smoothing. I also make sure that Face Sculpt Control is adjusted to what the client (or I) want.
4. After Skin Smoothing is applied, use the Touch Up Brush to finish off those finer areas where PP left out. I never use a strength more than 20. Always use Restore Brush to clean up areas where you (or PP) have overdone. Brush strength is similar to Opacity in PS.

Sometimes, I slide the Master Fade just to see whether the image looks better at different sensitivity.

I hope the above helps. The only way to learn is to use it and you will be learning new thing everyday.

Very Nice, The first thing I look at is the eyes and it looks like
her right eye was not setup correct. the top part of the white
is gray. Other the that looks very nice.

BCook, you are absolutely right! The eye outline should be adjusted to correct that problem.