• ¡Welcome to the PortraitPro Forum!
  • Portrait Professional is now PortraitPro!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
White halo on dark skin
I am editing pix of a model with dark skin. Where her skin meets light-toned areas (the background, silver jewelry), I am getting a halo effect. I don't think this was happening until the very latest PP update because I *believe* I had edited some of her just before the update and did not have that problem. the halo goes away as I increase the "shading bleed", but that in turn reduces the skin touchup effect.
See below.
Is there a way to regress to the version before the latest update? I am on a Mac.
John

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I just found out today that I have exactly the same problem. I can also confirm that this problem does not happen on V10 (I have both version running on my PC). I have a man with a white collar and the white halo spread onto his neck.

Although not ideal, my workaround is to use the restore brush over the affected areas.

(12-02-2012, 02:58 PM)williamting Wrote: I just found out today that I have exactly the same problem. I can also confirm that this problem does not happen on V10 (I have both version running on my PC). I have a man with a white collar and the white halo spread onto his neck.

Although not ideal, my workaround is to use the restore brush over the affected areas.

Yup, a small restore brush fixes it. I am pretty sure this was not an issue before the latest V11 update.

Hi everyone,

It sounds like the Skin or Hair area is overlapping these objects and causing the Halo effect you're seeing. As williamting noted, the restore brush seems to resolve the problem for now, but we're constantly working on improving the auto-detection. Hopefully an upcoming build will resolve this issue with more accurate skin and hair detection.

Arjun

Anthropics Technology Ltd.

I didn't have the issue with PP10, and I don't *think* I had the issue with earlier versions of PP11.
Here is another example, this time fair skin, not dark skin. Note the area in the center and on the left that I circled in red. The halo shows there. The area circled on the right does not show the halo,even though it is the same skin, scarf and background.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(12-03-2012, 12:00 PM)Arjun Wrote: Hi everyone,

It sounds like the Skin or Hair area is overlapping these objects and causing the Halo effect you're seeing. As williamting noted, the restore brush seems to resolve the problem for now, but we're constantly working on improving the auto-detection. Hopefully an upcoming build will resolve this issue with more accurate skin and hair detection.

Arjun

Hi Arjun

I forgot to mention that the areas affected are (if I remember correctly), where I extended the skin zone. I don't think it ever happened when the skin was automatically selected, but the auto select skin did not work as well on the dark skin.
J