• ¡Welcome to the PortraitPro Forum!
  • Portrait Professional is now PortraitPro!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Child Portrait Critique
I love the new features in v. 11!!

Did this pretty quickly last night as a test, looking for feedback.

Thanks in advance!

(11-14-2012, 03:47 PM)drdeano Wrote: I love the new features in v. 11!!

Thanks in advance!

Cute kid with a great expression. The yellow shirt is too bright (distracting) - which you might be able to resolve by feathering the light up, or flagging it in front of the shirt, or just getting the subject to change to a less-bright colour.

Also her face is over-exposed (which can be a side-effect of PP). The red channel should be between 236-240, but is blown-out or close to at 255 in much of the highlight area.

Not a big fan of the cropping - right arm is cut at the joint and top of the head missing (although that can be okay).

If you opened-up the crop a bit you could readily get her camera-close eye right on a 1/3 median (I am a rule-of-thirds fan).

Regarding PP, it is a clean enhancement, not obvious at all.

(11-15-2012, 02:52 PM)randomAccess Wrote:
(11-14-2012, 03:47 PM)drdeano Wrote: I love the new features in v. 11!!

Thanks in advance!

Cute kid with a great expression. The yellow shirt is too bright (distracting) - which you might be able to resolve by feathering the light up, or flagging it in front of the shirt, or just getting the subject to change to a less-bright colour.

Also her face is over-exposed (which can be a side-effect of PP). The red channel should be between 236-240, but is blown-out or close to at 255 in much of the highlight area.

Not a big fan of the cropping - right arm is cut at the joint and top of the head missing (although that can be okay).

If you opened-up the crop a bit you could readily get her camera-close eye right on a 1/3 median (I am a rule-of-thirds fan).

Regarding PP, it is a clean enhancement, not obvious at all.

Great feedback, thank you so much!