• ¡Welcome to the PortraitPro Forum!
  • Portrait Professional is now PortraitPro!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What do you think ?
What do you think of this one ?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Overall it looks solid.

My thoughts - You asked!

- The eyes seem less in focus than the mouth. If you can, sharpen the eyes more and decrease sharpness on the lips, unless you want attention specifically drawn to her mouth expression and not the eyes. If you prefer the latter, I would consider it a shame because her eyes are fantastic!

- I would like to see more head room on the left of the image or a looser crop since her gaze is so strongly focused off screen. The way it is cropped now borders on a feeling of discomfort and a feeling of being trapped.

- Might want to extend the skin area to her neck and give it equal treatment as her face. Watch any HD newscast with women and you will often see that the makeup artist (or plastic surgeon!) didn't bother with the neck and it shows. Not that the subject here has a gobbler, she is actually quite stunning, but it's obvious her face was smoothed, just keep up the look with her neck to complete the look.

- Color looks good, exposure looks good, contrast is nice, good lighting

- Might back off a LITTLE bit on the skin softening. It looks good as is, but I prefer a slightly lighter hand with smoothing.

Just my $.02. Overall, nice work.

Stunning!
I disagree with drdeano's remarks about the composition, but I do agree with his suggestion that you touch up the neck.

She will love that photo for years to come, and if you are using it as part of your onsite porfolio it should certainly help to encourage new clients to contact you.

(11-14-2012, 02:55 PM)Theo Meijer Wrote: What do you think of this one ?

i too have no issue with the composition. agree on touching up the neck and sharper eyes.

I agree with the last 2 posts, beautiful image and I like the composition. Women tend to really notice their neck and may feel self conscious about this area (especially as they age) I've really noticed this with shooting Boudoir. So especially if adding this to your port, a little loving on her neck should prove useful! Wink

POST WAS MODIFIED BY MODIRATOR

www (dot) jennaleepictures (dot) com

NO SELF PROMOTION URL'S IN THE FORUM.

it looks great

I agree with the others I would also have softened the lines under her eyes a little, don't remove them completely or it just wouldn't look right just soften/lighten them a little Smile

Its very nice, I see that its worth to buy this program - I just registered to see about comunnity Smile

(11-14-2012, 02:55 PM)Theo Meijer Wrote: What do you think of this one ?

Beautiful. I wouldn't change anything.

I'm new and just getting started myself but I have to say it looks pretty darn good to me. Smile

Sidebar: My first attempt using the program was good although I can't get any of the plug-ins to work. No, the 'help me' file about preferences within a Mac isn't the answer. Sad
(03-10-2014, 03:40 PM)kles Wrote: Its very nice, I see that its worth to buy this program - I just registered to see about comunnity Smile

In hindsight I wish I had gone that route as well. I purchased the Pro version just so I could use the plug-ins. Sad