• ¡Welcome to the PortraitPro Forum!
  • Portrait Professional is now PortraitPro!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Major Problem with PP11
(11-13-2012, 04:58 PM)gregmiller52 Wrote: I'm using v11 and Lightroom 4... sending 16bit TIFF via plugin and PP does a great job automatically! But the image when returned to Lightroom has a moire like artifact that completely covers the areas altered by PP. Has anyone else seen these results?

Tried PP v11 on several more images, this moire like artifact does not happen on all images, only 2 out of 3!

Yes, I am seeing the same exact moire like artifact in every image I test, I have even lowered the global sensitivity to 1 & 2 and am still seeing the same pattern on faces. I have now tested as a standalone operation and from editing from within Photoshop CS6 and Lightroom 4?? Also tested starting with .CR2 that gets converted to .tif and from an original .tif files - regardless of the circumstances this pattern continues to show on final saved images? I am working with Win7 and 24GB of Ram??? Long time PP user and have never seen this in V10?? I am at a loss as to what else I can do other than wait on a submitted support ticket request?

Post it in their Facebook page. The more that they hear from us the quicker that they will find a solution to all these problems.

(11-19-2012, 06:57 PM)thillca Wrote:
(11-13-2012, 04:58 PM)gregmiller52 Wrote: I'm using v11 and Lightroom 4... sending 16bit TIFF via plugin and PP does a great job automatically! But the image when returned to Lightroom has a moire like artifact that completely covers the areas altered by PP. Has anyone else seen these results?

Tried PP v11 on several more images, this moire like artifact does not happen on all images, only 2 out of 3!

Yes, I am seeing the same exact moire like artifact in every image I test, I have even lowered the global sensitivity to 1 & 2 and am still seeing the same pattern on faces. I have now tested as a standalone operation and from editing from within Photoshop CS6 and Lightroom 4?? Also tested starting with .CR2 that gets converted to .tif and from an original .tif files - regardless of the circumstances this pattern continues to show on final saved images? I am working with Win7 and 24GB of Ram??? Long time PP user and have never seen this in V10?? I am at a loss as to what else I can do other than wait on a submitted support ticket request?

I just received a response from Portrait Professional support on the ticket I submitted with this message - "We are aware of this issue and will quickly have it fixed and notify you". They also provided instructions for removing V11 and reinstalling V10 so that I would have immediate program use while waiting on the V11 fix.

Personal perspective: This is exactly why the program has not been officially launched, but I can tell you I loved all of the new features I saw, and they worked great for me except for the issue cited above. I think we all need to have some patience here, let the PP tech staff have some breathing room to get things fixed. PP has been a great program and surely will be hugely better with V11 - lets show some team support and be appreciative that everyone at PP is working hard to make things perfect.

Thillca,

I gave them my support by purchasing the Program and with two upgrades in PP 11 Studio Pro 64. What they are refunding is not money but to return to PP 10.

I've just updated to v11.1.2 and after a short experiment the problems re moire and blotchy skin seem to have gone away (that's probably the kiss of death !!).

PS. I am very satisfied that for a week I did not let up on this and they were good enough to finally state that there are problems. Never just sit there and complain, just act on it and don't delegate others to do it. Cheers to all of you who wrote in here.

They seem to have fixed it. Open PP then HELP>CHECK FOR UPDATES. You will find an update there. I tested it and seems to be working very well.

(11-14-2012, 02:48 PM)Theo Meijer Wrote:
(11-13-2012, 06:06 PM)cimpp Wrote: Yes Greg, I am experiencing the same problems with the Standalone and the Plugin does not work with large files like the Nikon D800.

It seems that moire and muddy areas appear when there are a few manual adjustments made in addition to the automatic ones. I received a message from PP stating that they are working on the problem and that it will be corrected in an update to be released in a few days.

Great, same here. I posted one example...now I see I am not the only one....

After spending an hour working on three faces, two faces had the muddy mask and blotches once the image was saved. Very frustrating to waste so much time and get an unusable image. I thought I did something wrong when I saved the image. Glad to have this forum and fellow users for support.

Hello everyone,

Once again we're incredibly sorry that these issues affected your use of Portrait Professional. As some of you have observed, we've fixed these issues in the latest version that you can obtain by going to Help> Check For Updates.

Once again our humblest apologies for the inconvenience and we hope that the application is operating as you want it to. In the hopefully unlikely event that you observe another problem with Portrait Professional, rest assured we'll get right onto it and resolve it as soon as possible.

Warm Regards,

Arjun
Anthropics Technology Ltd.

Hi Arjun,

Thanks for all the hard work! I installed the latest version and have noticed that this version is much better and have so far enjoyed using it.

Perhaps, as a lesson learnt, field test should be opened to more people.