• ¡Welcome to the PortraitPro Forum!
  • Portrait Professional is now PortraitPro!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
question about strange result...
I recently purchased PP (yesterday). I edited 94 images from a recent photo shoot. Several images had a strange result. I used the exact same settings as I saved my sliders so that I would not have to set it for each image.

original image

edited using PP

I know 7 out of 94 images doesn't sound like much but truly these are the ones the client wanted the most. Why would the others turn out fine and 7 didn't with exactly the same result. I will include one other example.

Original:

Edited with PP:

Any ideas what in the world happened? FYI mostly I was trying to remove acne and pimples (no face, lip, eyes shape changes etc.)

p.s. I just completed another 41 and 12 of those images did the same thing but with a different person in the portrait. Any ideas on some reason it's doing this?

support information:
Application: Portrait Professional Studio
Edition: Studio Edition
Product code: PPmaxL-F-en-v11.0.31 / ZRaw-v1.2
Fingerprint: MB0V444WP92VGCS96XKLNES2
Platform: Windows
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional |C:\Windows|\Device\Harddisk0\Partition1 64-bit (6.1.7601) Service Pack 1
Language: 1033
Computer Name: MININT-GI9HASC
Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-2520M CPU @ 2.50GHz
Number of Physical Processors: 1
Bios: Default System BIOS
Bios Release Date: 20110710
System Model: Latitude E5520
System Manufacturer: Dell Inc.
Memory: 4096 MB
Free Disk Space on Boot Partition: 250023165952 Bytes
FreePhysicalMemory: 6170272 KB
FreeSpaceInPagingFiles: 8283068 KB
FreeVirtualMemory: 14446340 KB
Current Date/Time: 30/10/2012, 9:9:6

(10-30-2012, 01:47 PM)cville-gal Wrote: hello???

i thought this was a support forum... where's the support portrait professional?

also i try to get support and it says my username doesn't exist. is this company legitimate? i mean clearly i am registered user -- hmmmm

You cab enter a support ticket by following this link:

http://www.portraitprofessional.com/supp...ket_submit
PortraitProfessional Forum

Hi Tebogan,

I understand this can be frustrating but please can I remind you that our official response time to support queries is 48 hours. As you can see we usually reply a lot faster than this, but please be aware our offices are based in London and we work to UK office hours.

We have received your email and that is the best way for us to correspond, as I will need to check your license details I cannot post certain information about your license on a public forum.

Warm regards, Emma.

I am sorry, but I've lost. I don't know where to ask the question. My final images have grey color. I just started PP. Please, help anybody.

(10-29-2012, 12:55 AM)cville-gal Wrote: I recently purchased PP (yesterday). I edited 94 images from a recent photo shoot. Several images had a strange result. I used the exact same settings as I saved my sliders so that I would not have to set it for each image.

original image

edited using PP

I know 7 out of 94 images doesn't sound like much but truly these are the ones the client wanted the most. Why would the others turn out fine and 7 didn't with exactly the same result. I will include one other example.

Original:

Edited with PP:

Any ideas what in the world happened? FYI mostly I was trying to remove acne and pimples (no face, lip, eyes shape changes etc.)

p.s. I just completed another 41 and 12 of those images did the same thing but with a different person in the portrait. Any ideas on some reason it's doing this?

support information:
Application: Portrait Professional Studio
Edition: Studio Edition
Product code: PPmaxL-F-en-v11.0.31 / ZRaw-v1.2
Fingerprint: MB0V444WP92VGCS96XKLNES2
Platform: Windows
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional |C:\Windows|\Device\Harddisk0\Partition1 64-bit (6.1.7601) Service Pack 1
Language: 1033
Computer Name: MININT-GI9HASC
Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-2520M CPU @ 2.50GHz
Number of Physical Processors: 1
Bios: Default System BIOS
Bios Release Date: 20110710
System Model: Latitude E5520
System Manufacturer: Dell Inc.
Memory: 4096 MB
Free Disk Space on Boot Partition: 250023165952 Bytes
FreePhysicalMemory: 6170272 KB
FreeSpaceInPagingFiles: 8283068 KB
FreeVirtualMemory: 14446340 KB
Current Date/Time: 30/10/2012, 9:9:6

Hi

What format is the picture in when you import it into PP? RAW, JPG, TIF etc?

Also are they opened in full PP or a plugin in from photoshop for example?

Just wondering if it might be an unusual format that PP cannot cope with

Just a guess

Quote:Hi

What format is the picture in when you import it into PP? RAW, JPG, TIF etc?

Also are they opened in full PP or a plugin in from photoshop for example?

Just wondering if it might be an unusual format that PP cannot cope with

Just a guess

I'm seeing the same thing on a few test images...
Dell Inspiron Core i5 processor with 8 ig RAM Win7 x64

Using LR4.2 x64 and editing with PP11 Studio as a plug in.
exporting picture as:
TIFF
AdobeRGB (1998)
16 bit
240 resolution
no compression

If I use PP10 Studio with same settings, no problem at all.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

With PP11 I'm having precisely the same problem with rainbow moire. My normal routine is to invoke the PP plugin from LR4 as 16-bit TIFF, Adobe RGB, 300 dpi, just as I've always done with PP10. ProPhoto color space returns the same moire result.

Opening a TIFF from the full PP application instead of a plugin returns the same moire problem. Opening a DNG file in full PP11 does not produce the moire issue. However, that's not a usable workaround as I generally like to do some LR cleanup as well as a third party pre-sharpening routine and save to TIFF before sending to Portrait Professional.

So, although PP11 appears to handle RAW files, it's useless for TIFFS and my preferred workflow.

(11-01-2012, 01:08 PM)mamenka Wrote: I am sorry, but I've lost. I don't know where to ask the question. My final images have grey color. I just started PP. Please, help anybody.

I saw this in another thread here at PP, try it and tell me if it worked:

I Have found a work around the grey face until support finds a fix. Before you safe your image to PS go over to the
"Show face sculpt controls" just move the main slider back and forth. , even if you put it back to what the orignal position.
Then when you save it should not have the gray.

After doing some editing tonight I can now elaborate on this issue.

I worked on a picture with three faces on and didn't want to do anything too special.

Two of the faces were fine with the basic editing applied, the other face she had a spot on her chine which the basic settings didn't remove so I used the touch up brush to remove it with just a couple of strokes and it looked fine.

When I returned it back to photoshop the two faces that had the basic settings applied looked fine but the one that required a manual change had that moire effect on it.

I was impressed with Ver 11 but this is a major oversight that should have been picked up during testing.

I hope PP fix this pretty soon because the work I was doing meant I had to undo everything and start again and I needed to get these pictures done pretty quickly.

I have had the same moire issue a couple of times. Waiting to hear of any cures.
John