• ¡Welcome to the PortraitPro Forum!
  • Portrait Professional is now PortraitPro!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Grey Face"
Good day,

I have been having a problem with about 10% of the photos I edit in Portrait Pro. We have come to call it "Grey Face", as when it happens it looks like there is a grey tint over the face, and it abruptly ends on the neck area, where you can clearly see the correct color of skin next to the grayed portion. This seems to happen after the image is saved. I use the split screen that shows the original side by side with the modified one, and the problem never shows up in portrait pro, only when reviewing images already run through. I have given an example of the problem below...

As you can see the "Grey" stops on the neck, right above her necklace. The blemishes and imperfections appear to be taken care of wonderfully, but the "grey face" means the final image has to be done again.

[Image: cnM7v.jpg]
Whoa, sorry, accidentally posted that full resolution.. here is a smaller one as an attachment.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hi Lucas,

Sorry for the delay in response, but could you please send us a saved session of the problem occurring that will allow us to identify and fix the issue? You can do this by following the steps below:

1. Use Portrait Professional to recreate the problem occurring.
2. Go to File> Save as Session and save out a .pp file.
3. Can you send us this file to support1234@anthropics.com and mark it for Arjun.

I'll then take an immediate look and see if I can recreate it and pass it on to the developers to resolve the problem. Can you also try to reduce the Slider for Tan (located under Skin Coloring) to zero and see if that's causing the problem?

Thanks for reporting the problem, we'll get to fixing it as soon as possible.

Arjun
Anthropics Technology Ltd.

Come to think about it, I have exactly the same kind of problem. I called this metallic face! As for now, I noticed that the problem always arise when the picture is underexposed. So to overcome the issue, I use LR to correct the exposure and colour before further processing in PP. But in the attachment above, exposure is not an issue.

I am also getting grey lady face if I use my touch up brush. Have you figure a fix.

Rolleyes 
i have the same driving me mad you should have to alter exposure to make up for this i have email support but have had no replies

I Have found a work around the grey face until support finds a fix. Before you safe your image to PS go over to the
"Show face sculpt controls" just move the main slider back and forth. , even if you put it back to what the orignal position.
Then when you save it should not have the gray.

Thank you so much Ritchickq! That works.

(11-08-2012, 09:42 PM)ritchickg Wrote: I Have found a work around the grey face until support finds a fix. Before you safe your image to PS go over to the
"Show face sculpt controls" just move the main slider back and forth. , even if you put it back to what the orignal position.
Then when you save it should not have the gray.

Rolleyes 
Gone back to using pp10 no probs with that
How do I get my money back as it seems
Once they have your mint they don't care
Shame really shame [/align]

I am having the same issue but even if it looks great in PP Studio 11 when I look at the photo in Windows Explorer it looks horrible! Please let us know how to fix this...I love skipping the face recognition steps in Version 11 it's so much easier but if the end product doesn't save right its a waste of time to use....