• ¡Welcome to the PortraitPro Forum!
  • Portrait Professional is now PortraitPro!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another blotchy face problem

yep, Here is mine! Looks great in PP, then when it is saved then.........Cool

anyone know what to do??
I have used PP for over 2 years and have loved it!! was soo excited to use the 11, Please let me know any info!
thanks!
Have any of you guys used the retouch brush or restore brush??
I went back into PP to try out different reactions, when I activate
PP and did not use any brush adjusting, only tweaked the face sculpting and
brighten the irises then hit save... it worked..
I went back in and THEN tried retouch and restore... and the result??
that murky mask thing!!

I am also having this same problem and am VERY disappointed. I got the trial and LOVED Portrait Pro. 11, so I decided to buy it. Then I found out that whenever I saved the image..even if it was a 100% high quality jpeg or an uncompressed tiff, the image always saved much darker and oversaturated. I tryed messing with the settings to overcompensate for it (which I SHOULD NOT have to do as this isn't "professional" or time saving) but it still came out almost like it had a mask over it. I tryed several different images and this was a problem with all of them. I really like how the image looks in the program, it just never saves the same Sad

(01-25-2013, 04:27 AM)Sarahb44 Wrote: I am also having this same problem and am VERY disappointed. I got the trial and LOVED Portrait Pro. 11, so I decided to buy it. Then I found out that whenever I saved the image..even if it was a 100% high quality jpeg or an uncompressed tiff, the image always saved much darker and oversaturated. I tryed messing with the settings to overcompensate for it (which I SHOULD NOT have to do as this isn't "professional" or time saving) but it still came out almost like it had a mask over it. I tryed several different images and this was a problem with all of them. I really like how the image looks in the program, it just never saves the same Sad

Mine usually works if I save to my file instead of using the save button in PP. I also stopped using the purple masking thing much, and haven't had trouble with anything else. I hope you can get yours to work. I love it when it works right.

Here is an example. One is the saved image and one is the image in Portrait Professional. I have tried saving it with the button and to the file and saving it as a high quality jpeg or tiff file. Haven't figured out how to fix this without having to do TONS of over compensating.        

Hi All,

For those affected by the blotchy skin issue, we have resolved this in a recent update. You can obtain this update by going to Help> Check For Updates.

Hi Sarahb44,

Can you tell me if you're running the Standard or Studio edition of Portrait Professional and also what version of the software you're using? You can find this out by going to Help> About Portrait Professional. This issue you're having sounds like it may be related to color profiles, but I need a bit more information to verify this. Can you also tell me what software you're using to view the saved out file?

I'll investigate the issue and once reproduced either provide a solution or get the issue resolved in an update.
Anthropics Technology Ltd.

(01-25-2013, 12:48 PM)Arjun Wrote: Hi All,

For those affected by the blotchy skin issue, we have resolved this in a recent update. You can obtain this update by going to Help> Check For Updates.

Hi Sarahb44,

Can you tell me if you're running the Standard or Studio edition of Portrait Professional and also what version of the software you're using? You can find this out by going to Help> About Portrait Professional. This issue you're having sounds like it may be related to color profiles, but I need a bit more information to verify this. Can you also tell me what software you're using to view the saved out file?

I'll investigate the issue and once reproduced either provide a solution or get the issue resolved in an update.

I am using "Portrait Professional 11 Standard Edition V11.1.10" I am going to buy the upgrade tomorrow hoping that it will resolve this issue being able to control the color profile.
I tried using photo shop and also windows photo viewer to view the image after it was saved and it looked terrible in both programs.

Thanks for your help! Smile

Hi Sarahb44,

I've sent you a private message to your inbox about upgrading.

Arjun

Anthropics Technology Ltd.