• ¡Welcome to the PortraitPro Forum!
  • Portrait Professional is now PortraitPro!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Control Panel where all the sliders are housed is missing
Good day everyone,

New to the forum and very desperate for answers as I have a couple of client's profile images to edit and submit.

Was using PP when this control panel which controls all the sliders on the right came undocked and went missing. Even after closing the program and restarting it, rebooting the Mac and reinstalling the program did not help. This darn control panel is still missing.

Now, when PP starts up, it just shows the welcome screen. The panel on the right which asks to load an image and with 2 sample images is missing.

Anyone can point me in the direction to get this control panel back? Greatly appreciate it.

Dan

(09-19-2012, 04:26 PM)mackrazi Wrote: Good day everyone,

New to the forum and very desperate for answers as I have a couple of client's profile images to edit and submit.

Was using PP when this control panel which controls all the sliders on the right came undocked and went missing. Even after closing the program and restarting it, rebooting the Mac and reinstalling the program did not help. This darn control panel is still missing.

Now, when PP starts up, it just shows the welcome screen. The panel on the right which asks to load an image and with 2 sample images is missing.

Anyone can point me in the direction to get this control panel back? Greatly appreciate it.

Dan

Same thing just happened to me actually, would love to figure this out. I searched through older forum posts and found certain ways of resetting it for PC, but haven't had any luck yet for Mac.

(09-19-2012, 10:14 PM)gmcm10 Wrote: Same thing just happened to me actually, would love to figure this out. I searched through older forum posts and found certain ways of resetting it for PC, but haven't had any luck yet for Mac.

I have put up a sticker to the staff at PP. Hope the response comes quick. In the meantime, let's keep searching for a solution and keep each other posted.

Seriously, I am v taken aback that this can happen to a software. Read in another thread that the user's sliders went missing except for a few.

I have just loaded the software for the first time and are experiencing the same thing. I have sent a message to the software supplier.

For information I am using the new Macbook Pro with Retina display, could that be a problem?

mackrazi, any updates on your end? I haven't been able to fix it yet

This is a copy of the fix that PP sent me within a few hours of my request (it worked by the way):

This is occasionally caused whenthere is a conflict between the Trial and full
version. To fix it please follow the steps below:

Please fully remove any previous versions of Portrait Professional, including
the free trial and install it again by following these instructions:

1. Right click on Portrait Professional in your Applications folder, then send
it to the Trash.

2. Open the Finder view, then click on Go. For Mac OSX Lion, hold down the
Option key (ALT on non-Mac keyboards) and click on Library, and then
Preferences. Earlier versions of OSX prior to Lion will have the Library folder
visible in the Home Folder. Now scroll down and look for anything containing the
name "portraitprofessional" and also move it to the Trash.

3. In the Finder view, go to your home folder. Then click on Library, then
Application Support and then Anthropics. Move to trash the PortraitProfessional
folder within the Anthropics folder.

4. Then, please reinstall the full version. If you need to download the software
again please go here: http://pprof.com/licenses please enter your token
(INSERT YOUR CODE HERE) and the download links will be at the bottom of the next
page.

Thanks BigMart! that did work for me today

@BigMart, i did exactly what you said like 10 times and it didn't work. do you have any other suggestions? i already sent pp a ticket message two days ago and they haven't replied yet.

Hello All,

We're deeply sorry that this issue is affecting you and a fix for Mac is below. For users experiencing this problem on Windows, a reinstall will resolve the problem. We're working on a new build with a fix implemented but for those currently affected a fix is below:

Mac:

1. Select Finder.
2. Select "Go" from the top bar.
3. Once the drop down is visible, hold down the Option Key/Alt on non-Mac Keyboards.
4. A new "Library" option will become visible. Click on Library.
5. Now select the Folder named "Preferences".
6. In the "Preferences" folder delete any files with "PortraitProfessional" in them.
7. Run Portrait Professional again and activate.

This should bring your sliders back.

Windows:

1. Go to Control Panel> Programs & Features or Add/Remove Programs.
2. Select Portrait Professional and uninstall.
3. Reinstall & activate again.

Once again, we're deeply sorry that this has affected your use of Portrait Professional. You will soon see a new build available, which you will be notified of in the Portrait Professional Application.

Arjun
Anthropics Technology Ltd.