• ¡Welcome to the PortraitPro Forum!
  • Portrait Professional is now PortraitPro!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any clue as to when Version 11 might be coming out?
(09-17-2012, 07:29 PM)MacSass Wrote: Strangely there is no mentioning of any version number on the new designed home page anymore at all ... also no note of a upcoming new version ...

And they've replaced the

Quote:Buy today and get a free upgrade to version 11 when available

with

Quote:Buy today and get a free entry into our $500 September Prize Draw T&Cs

That sucks... i don't want to entry the prize draw, is just want a free upgrade to v11!!!!!

(09-17-2012, 07:29 PM)MacSass Wrote: Strangely there is no mentioning of any version number on the new designed home page anymore at all ... also no note of a upcoming new version ....

I´ll check on Photokina tomorrow, although I think Anthropics did not have their own booth there but was shown by a partner ...

We will see what they say ...

Regards - MacSass

There are examples of 11 on their Facebook page, have you checked it? No mention of what it has but does mention new controls.

I am fed up with how secretive/unforthcoming PP are about Ver 11.
This just rubs salt in the wound

I have raised support calls about it yet still they give no info.

Now it hints that there is not an upgrade at all.

I wouldn't be surprised if they are breaking some rules by getting people to upgrade with the promise of a free upgrade.

I am going to raise another support request (As no Admins bother to reply on here) and will let you know what I hear back

(09-18-2012, 10:34 AM)Skids Wrote: I am fed up with how secretive/unforthcoming PP are about Ver 11.
This just rubs salt in the wound

I have raised support calls about it yet still they give no info.

Now it hints that there is not an upgrade at all.

I wouldn't be surprised if they are breaking some rules by getting people to upgrade with the promise of a free upgrade.

I am going to raise another support request (As no Admins bother to reply on here) and will let you know what I hear back

Thank you... My feeling is that either it still has glitches that need to be worked out or that competition may have raised the bar in the meanwhile that they want to address or perhaps maybe just waiting for the right time to bring it out..such as a photo show for the added promotional value. In any case, been waiting a long time for it and it would be a lot less frustrating if some mention of what was happening was on their site. Facebook mention is encouraging but not the venue for keeping customers informed.

Quote:....or that competition may have raised the bar in the meanwhile ....

Hey Skids,
what competition are you referring to? To be honest I don´t see any competition that even comes close to PP. I looked at "FaceFilter" today, the only other SW I know dealing in that area but it can´t even work with RAW files and the results do not compare to PP in quality at all.

Is there anything that comes close to PP?

While I know that software release dates are never an exact science I do agree that it would be nice if PP admin would comment on this thread and at least give some hints on the future development - something like saying "We had to slip it for quality - we now target early next year" or something like that ...

Not saying anything at all and removing all references from the website does not build trust ...

I visited Photokina today and unlike the last 4 years there was no visible trace of PP at all. During the last shows I think a partner showed PP interactively, but this time around I could not find them anywhere ...

We will see ... after all V10 works OK for me - regards - MacSass

(09-18-2012, 06:17 PM)MacSass Wrote:
Quote:....or that competition may have raised the bar in the meanwhile ....

Hey Skids,
what competition are you referring to? To be honest I don´t see any competition that even comes close to PP. I looked at "FaceFilter" today, the only other SW I know dealing in that area but it can´t even work with RAW files and the results do not compare to PP in quality at all.

Is there anything that comes close to PP?

While I know that software release dates are never an exact science I do agree that it would be nice if PP admin would comment on this thread and at least give some hints on the future development - something like saying "We had to slip it for quality - we now target early next year" or something like that ...

Not saying anything at all and removing all references from the website does not build trust ...

I visited Photokina today and unlike the last 4 years there was no visible trace of PP at all. During the last shows I think a partner showed PP interactively, but this time around I could not find them anywhere ...

We will see ... after all V10 works OK for me - regards - MacSass