• ¡Welcome to the PortraitPro Forum!
  • Portrait Professional is now PortraitPro!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trouble with Plug In
Hi,,, I can not seem to use PP as a plug in to my CS5. I am using a MAC. When I download and open the PP dng regardless of where I tell it to go it ends up in Applications, but there is NO FOLDER.. just a icon of a camera. It will open as a stand alone, but that's it. I've tried to follow the installation instructions, but again as there is no actual "folder"... it am unable to access the "plugin". I'm not that computer literate, so it could well be something I've done or not done. Appreciate any assistance as I would really like to use it as a CS5 plug in.

Thanks - Karen

(03-31-2012, 09:59 AM)Karen_Willshaw Wrote: Hi,,, I can not seem to use PP as a plug in to my CS5. I am using a MAC. When I download and open the PP dng regardless of where I tell it to go it ends up in Applications, but there is NO FOLDER.. just a icon of a camera. It will open as a stand alone, but that's it. I've tried to follow the installation instructions, but again as there is no actual "folder"... it am unable to access the "plugin". I'm not that computer literate, so it could well be something I've done or not done. Appreciate any assistance as I would really like to use it as a CS5 plug in.

Thanks - Karen

Have you checked photoshop 'filters' in Photoshop - and looked for Anthropic? That's where it shows up in photoshop after installation.

I successfully installed the plug-in on my intel imac and am using CS5. Had no problem. Am running Studio Version of PP.

Thanks - Karen
[/quote]

Have you checked photoshop 'filters' in Photoshop - and looked for Anthropic? That's where it shows up in photoshop after installation.

I successfully installed the plug-in on my intel imac and am using CS5. Had no problem. Am running Studio Version of PP.
[/quote]

Hi Franklin,,, yes, I've checked "filters" and it definitely isn't there Sad I can see it in applications as Portrait Professional (just an icon of a camera)... that's it. I've uninstall and reinstalled to no avail. I've installed other plug ins without a challenge.. This has me beat.

(04-01-2012, 12:28 AM)Karen_Willshaw Wrote: Thanks - Karen

[/quote]

Hi Franklin,,, yes, I've checked "filters" and it definitely isn't there Sad I can see it in applications as Portrait Professional (just an icon of a camera)... that's it. I've uninstall and reinstalled to no avail. I've installed other plug ins without a challenge.. This has me beat.
[/quote]

OK, but just to clarify - I never had to 'locate' the plug-in when I installed it.

I installed it. I restarted my iMac. Opened Photoshop, and there it was in photoshop 'filters' menu, the plug-in is called 'athropics.' I'm running Snow Leopard OS.

The only other thing to try would be to download and install again, maybe the file is getting corrupted somehow, or wait for a PP moderator to respond to your thread. Sorry I can't be more help. You ARE running the Studio version of Portrait Professional, yes? - or just the basic?

(04-01-2012, 12:44 AM)Franklin Wrote:
(04-01-2012, 12:28 AM)Karen_Willshaw Wrote: Thanks - Karen

[/quote]

OK, but just to clarify - I never had to 'locate' the plug-in when I installed it.

I installed it. I restarted my iMac. Opened Photoshop, and there it was in photoshop 'filters' menu, the plug-in is called 'athropics.' I'm running Snow Leopard OS.

The only other thing to try would be to download and install again, maybe the file is getting corrupted somehow, or wait for a PP moderator to respond to your thread. Sorry I can't be more help. You ARE running the Studio version of Portrait Professional, yes? - or just the basic?

[/quote]

Franklin, I think I may be running studio version only...

The standard version can not make use of the photoshop plug-in, the Studio and Studio 64 version can though

(04-01-2012, 01:13 AM)Franklin Wrote: The standard version can not make use of the photoshop plug-in, the Studio and Studio 64 version can though

Franklin, thank you. At least I know it wasn't me Smile I really appreciate you taking the time to answer my initial question and solving the mystery. Cheers - Karen