• ¡Welcome to the PortraitPro Forum!
  • Portrait Professional is now PortraitPro!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ARRGH... Why is my skin doing this...
    Please look at the attached image and tell me why the image is so "blotchy" I am new to PPv10 Studio I bring my images in RAW NEF into lightroom, the edit via PPv10 Studio and duing ouput this is what I am getting. Any help would be greatly appreciated... It is very noticable when printing. Zoom in on it, you will see what i mean.

dun know if it only me...can't see the attached image.

I can see the image (and at 100%). I guess I'm not sure what you mean. Perhaps I'm not as critical...

Anyone else see some problems?
A veteran is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America," for an amount of "up to and including my life".

I encounter this problem once in a while. I am not sure what is the exact cause but after I change the way I edit, the problem was minimised. The following is the order I use after the initial bit:

1. Set the image to 100%
2. Always do picture control first, if any, ie, exposure, etc. (last item on the list on the right)
3. Skin lighting Controls, if there is a need
4. Hair control, if there is a need
5. Other fine adjustments, eg, air brushing.

Before you click save, do a 1:1 and check out every corner of the photo for a final check. If you do a large print, the defect is very obvious, esp the tip of her nose, her right cheek and the upper chest or body. Am I right about this?

(02-27-2012, 07:55 AM)williamting Wrote: I encounter this problem once in a while. I am not sure what is the exact cause but after I change the way I edit, the problem was minimised. The following is the order I use after the initial bit:

1. Set the image to 100%
2. Always do picture control first, if any, ie, exposure, etc. (last item on the list on the right)
3. Skin lighting Controls, if there is a need
4. Hair control, if there is a need
5. Other fine adjustments, eg, air brushing.

Before you click save, do a 1:1 and check out every corner of the photo for a final check. If you do a large print, the defect is very obvious, esp the tip of her nose, her right cheek and the upper chest or body. Am I right about this?

Yes.... Large prints are a problem! Since I do "printwork" with these images... I hope I can resolve this issue!

Fotoman65, I wish you luck. Since you do large print, there is more reason now for you to examine every inch before printing. I ruin one of my prints due to what you described above.

Pay special attention to the edges where dark meets light, especially the edges of the hair and the skin. PP automatically apply enhancement to the eyes which you may not like.

If you find defect, you don't need to discard your work. Just use a lighter retouch brush strength (maybe around 10-20) and move over the affected areas.

With more practice, you should be able to produce excellent prints. I print up to 24" without problem.

Do let us know how it goes.

By the way, your picture is very nice!

(02-26-2012, 10:20 PM)fotoman65 Wrote: Please look at the attached image and tell me why the image is so "blotchy" I am new to PPv10 Studio I bring my images in RAW NEF into lightroom, the edit via PPv10 Studio and duing ouput this is what I am getting. Any help would be greatly appreciated... It is very noticable when printing. Zoom in on it, you will see what i mean.

Do you mean the skin texture in certain areas? Try adjusting the texture slider which is in the Skin menu.

great foto

BUT , look at the eyes , i guess that she dont have green eyes, there is a big green shadow on her left eye and a little one on her right
and yes there is some skinn problems , i could not have done it better my self...great work

(02-27-2012, 04:36 AM)Slynky Wrote: I can see the image (and at 100%). I guess I'm not sure what you mean. Perhaps I'm not as critical...

Anyone else see some problems?

No...I have zoomed in at max mag and all appears fine ??????