• ¡Welcome to the PortraitPro Forum!
  • Portrait Professional is now PortraitPro!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eyes messed up
What went wrong with the eyes? They are completely messed up.

This is the first time I've had this in about 100 portraits since getting PP.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(02-11-2012, 05:28 AM)DavidJan Wrote: What went wrong with the eyes? They are completely messed up.

Hi Davidjan,
Would it be possible to enclose the before and after images so that other members of the forum could get a better idea of what is happening.
It is possible that you had facial enhancements on, and this can lengthen the face somewhat, and since the eyes in your image are not on a horizontal plane, this could present a problem.

PortraitProfessional Forum

(02-11-2012, 10:21 AM)tebogan Wrote:
(02-11-2012, 05:28 AM)DavidJan Wrote: What went wrong with the eyes? They are completely messed up.

Hi Davidjan,
Would it be possible to enclose the before and after images so that other members of the forum could get a better idea of what is happening.
It is possible that you had facial enhancements on, and this can lengthen the face somewhat, and since the eyes in your image are not on a horizontal plane, this could present a problem.

Hi, I've attached the eyes from the original shot.

Is it possible the original is too small? It is a 1,000x1,5000 pixel crop from a larger image. It just occurred to me most are a much higher resolution.

Davidjan,
The more resolution, the better, when in jpeg, the piels are lost in the compression of the image.

Let us see as large an image as possible.

(02-11-2012, 10:45 AM)tebogan Wrote: Davidjan,
The more resolution, the better, when in jpeg, the piels are lost in the compression of the image.

Let us see as large an image as possible.

I've attached the original. I didn't resize the crop with just the eyes, so the resolution is the same. The original image was a half-body shot about 2600x4000. The subject wanted a portrait taken from it, so that's why the portrait crop is only 1000x1500. I only need to print a postcard size print, so the resolution should be ok for that; normally I would have shot a portrait at full resolution, but this was the shot he wanted the portratit from.

Davidjan,
I do not know if you have access to any program like PhotoShop or PaintShop that you could uprez the image before opening the image in PP.
Just an idea. Due to the lack of resolution, you pay a severe price due to lack of image info for the software to operate with.

(02-11-2012, 11:15 AM)tebogan Wrote: Davidjan,
I do not know if you have access to any program like PhotoShop or PaintShop that you could uprez the image before opening the image in PP.
Just an idea. Due to the lack of resolution, you pay a severe price due to lack of image info for the software to operate with.

Ok, thanks. I cleaned the eyes a little in the original using Photshop and ran it thru PP again, and it looks ok this time.

I was just surprised that it got it so wrong, it looked like it might be a bug.

(02-11-2012, 11:31 AM)DavidJan Wrote:

Ok, thanks. I cleaned the eyes a little in the original using Photshop and ran it thru PP again, and it looks ok this time.

Glad to here that you were able to rectify the situation. For info purposes only, what version of PP are you using, and is it standard, studio or pro?
Thanks

(02-11-2012, 11:42 AM)tebogan Wrote:
(02-11-2012, 11:31 AM)DavidJan Wrote:

Glad to here that you were able to rectify the situation. For info purposes only, what version of PP are you using, and is it standard, studio or pro?
Thanks

It's PP Standard Version 10.

It is also possible that you didn't outline the eyes accurately.