• ¡Welcome to the PortraitPro Forum!
  • Portrait Professional is now PortraitPro!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Using pre-update version on a notebook
I have just updated from standard to studio and wondered if the standard version can now be de-activated from my workstation and re-activated on my notebook, effectively giving me the two copies required for use on a pc at work and notebook at home.

I don't know of to many working photographers who have a studio or work on location that wouldn't want things this way. Still, you made the rules we only make the choices. I selected PP over rivals because I thought it the best program for my applications.

AJ

Hi AJ, create a support ticket and see what they can do for you. Ideally, it should be of the same version. Please do talk to support!

(02-02-2012, 04:03 AM)williamting Wrote: Hi AJ, create a support ticket and see what they can do for you. Ideally, it should be of the same version. Please do talk to support!

Well, that's an experience and a half... NOT!

No support, just a load of "answers" someone thought might fit a situation they imagined might occur. I opened a ticket and now what? That was 3 days ago. Given the time difference It looks like being a week before they what? answer? How can they answer me? They don't know who I am, just a name invented for Internet conversations.

Am I supposed to keep coming back, logging in and searching for answers before I know if they intend to give me a new 'token'? They might be cheaper than alternatives but none existent support is certainly not what professionals can deal with. Back to Alienskin for me I guess. I know I can use it on both computers with them.

(02-06-2012, 01:20 AM)Alienjones Wrote: No support, just a load of "answers" someone thought might fit a situation they imagined might occur. I opened a ticket and now what? That was 3 days ago. Given the time difference It looks like being a week before they what? answer? How can they answer me? They don't know who I am, just a name invented for Internet conversations.

All these are valid good questions. So, since you know all the questions, did you help them to help you by providing them the information as to who you are, eg, tell them your registered name and token? I am sure that if they have a way to validate you as a customer, they will be more than happy to help you. How about if you put yourself in their shoes? Do you think they will spend time responding to unsolicited e-mail asking them for help?

Hi AlienJones,

For your Support Ticket, you may want to check your spam folders as these often catch our responses. I searched our tickets for any support questions made under your e-mail and could not find any licenses or opened tickets.

We do require your purchasing e-mail or license details to be able to provide pertinent and correct information to help you.
Anthropics Technology Ltd.