• ¡Welcome to the PortraitPro Forum!
  • Portrait Professional is now PortraitPro!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bridal Pic
I'm fairly new and would love any advice on how I'm doing.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hi,

Assuming this is the after image. It helps to see both the before and after. Smile

Having said that, though, I would say it doesn't look artificial. On the contrary, it looks natural. I would also add that the photo itself isn't of good quality. Slightly out of focus? Not sure. Colors muted a bit? Maybe.

Looking at the image, on the left side near her forehead, the transission to the shadow area doesn't look as smooth as I'd like it to be. Now, I'm not sure if something happened with PPro or of the picture quality itself started out like that.

Another good reason to show before and after shots.

And welcome to the forum. It's small right now but I'm sure things will pick up as more and more people snap up that great software.
A veteran is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America," for an amount of "up to and including my life".

Thanks. Yes it is a little out of focus. I'm just starting out so I appreciate the comments. Any tips on making it better would be appreciated. I'm still learning the camera and settings. I haven't quite gotten the full hang of it. I love taking pictures and know with help I can do great.

(01-12-2012, 05:12 AM)Slynky Wrote: Hi,

Assuming this is the after image. It helps to see both the before and after. Smile

Having said that, though, I would say it doesn't look artificial. On the contrary, it looks natural. I would also add that the photo itself isn't of good quality. Slightly out of focus? Not sure. Colors muted a bit? Maybe.

Looking at the image, on the left side near her forehead, the transission to the shadow area doesn't look as smooth as I'd like it to be. Now, I'm not sure if something happened with PPro or of the picture quality itself started out like that.

Another good reason to show before and after shots.

And welcome to the forum. It's small right now but I'm sure things will pick up as more and more people snap up that great software.

I like the picture, including the style. Her skin looks nicely smoothed out and it really isn't bad.
The only thing I would change on it is to use the restore brush on a low opacity over her hairline where it looks as though it's smudged over a bit hiding her natural hairline and removing essential detail. x

Hi Amanda,
Your photo is well composed however I see two things that would benefit the photo in my opinion. One is to crop the image width somewhat with the bride towards the left side of the crop. Second is to pull photo into an image editor and perform a levels adjustment. The histogram shows all of the data towards the left side which indicates an imbalance towards the dark side of the image. You can bring life to this image with an auto levels adjustment in an adjustment layer.
I agree the photo is somewhat blurred, especially apparent around the eyes. I do not have a suggestion to correct this.

Can I give you a suggestion? There is a great book (actually a softcover) called Master Lighting Guide by Christopher Gray (not a commercial) that is a pretty darned good guide for portrait photographers. It has the 'down and dirty' of HOW to get the results you want.
Also, if I may, get a light meter. If you don't have good lighting you don't get good results.
The subject was good, the pose was in the ballpark AND you have a good eye!
What were shooting with?
PhotoproFX

(01-11-2012, 09:44 PM)dewittk46 Wrote: I'm fairly new and would love any advice on how I'm doing.