• ¡Welcome to the PortraitPro Forum!
  • Portrait Professional is now PortraitPro!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Suggested Product Improvements
Thank you for your valuable comments

Hi Myz,

Thanks for all your suggestions.  I've written my responses inline.

[quote=MYZ]
As an enthusiastic user of Portrait Professional software, I lost no time in upgrading from version 7 to version 8. Despite the greater power of the new version, it has some significant areas needing refinement:

1. The Default Setting for all categories is too aggressive, often providing an unrealistic, cartoon-like modeling of the face. This almost invariably requires manual intervention to tone down the effect. It seemed to me that version 7 was a little better at this.

You can set the default to whatever you want.  First of all save the sliders in the state you want to be the default.  Then click on manage, select the saved sliders you want as a default and click on "Set as default Male (or Female) sliders."

2. Reducing the Master Slide to zero should also reduce all its applicable sub-slides to zero, but it doesn’t.

To set all the sliders in a section to zero, turn off the section by clicking on the on button.

3. There is no way to reset any individual Master Slide to the ‘Default’ setting. ‘Undo’ button is inadequate, and the global reset button is too destructive, resetting the whole project to default.

I can see what you mean here.   One quick way to do this would be to save your preferred defaults for each section individually, by using the "Select Sliders to Save" functionality in the Save Sliders dialog.

4. Some Skin Modelling correction still remain, even when all Skin Control Slides are individually set to zero, though manual use of the Touch Up Brush does eliminate this.

To turn off all the skin changes, you need to turn the spot remover to 0 and turn down all the lighting controls too.

5. The Eye and Mouth effects are confusingly scattered over two separate areas: some elements appear under the Face Sculpture Control, and other elements appear under the individual Eye and Mouth Control sections.

Some people think about shape and texture as separate groups and some think in terms of areas of the face as the best way of grouping.  The reason we have them separated like that is for performance reasons.  Changing the shape separately from the texture of the lips, for example is a lot faster than doing them both at once.

admin Wrote:Hi Myz,

Thanks for all your suggestions.  I've written my responses inline.

[quote=MYZ]
As an enthusiastic user of Portrait Professional software, I lost no time in upgrading from version 7 to version 8. Despite the greater power of the new version, it has some significant areas needing refinement:

1. The Default Setting for all categories is too aggressive, often providing an unrealistic, cartoon-like modeling of the face. This almost invariably requires manual intervention to tone down the effect. It seemed to me that version 7 was a little better at this.

You can set the default to whatever you want.  First of all save the sliders in the state you want to be the default.  Then click on manage, select the saved sliders you want as a default and click on "Set as default Male (or Female) sliders."

2. Reducing the Master Slide to zero should also reduce all its applicable sub-slides to zero, but it doesn’t.

To set all the sliders in a section to zero, turn off the section by clicking on the on button.

3. There is no way to reset any individual Master Slide to the ‘Default’ setting. ‘Undo’ button is inadequate, and the global reset button is too destructive, resetting the whole project to default.

I can see what you mean here.   One quick way to do this would be to save your preferred defaults for each section individually, by using the "Select Sliders to Save" functionality in the Save Sliders dialog.

4. Some Skin Modelling correction still remain, even when all Skin Control Slides are individually set to zero, though manual use of the Touch Up Brush does eliminate this.

To turn off all the skin changes, you need to turn the spot remover to 0 and turn down all the lighting controls too.

5. The Eye and Mouth effects are confusingly scattered over two separate areas: some elements appear under the Face Sculpture Control, and other elements appear under the individual Eye and Mouth Control sections.

Some people think about shape and texture as separate groups and some think in terms of areas of the face as the best way of grouping.  The reason we have them separated like that is for performance reasons.  Changing the shape separately from the texture of the lips, for example is a lot faster than doing them both at once.