• ¡Welcome to the PortraitPro Forum!
  • Portrait Professional is now PortraitPro!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
newbie question
when working with a pic that only shows eyes, how can i bypass what appears to be auto-selection of the nose and mouth? do i just need to use paint tools or is there a way to select just the eyes and skip the rest..

thanks,
ed

I have never tried it myself but just a suggestion:

You mark out the eyes. When it comes to nose and mouth, just pretend that they are there and click where you imagine they are.

Let us know how it goes.

(12-21-2011, 04:41 AM)williamting Wrote: I have never tried it myself but just a suggestion:

You mark out the eyes. When it comes to nose and mouth, just pretend that they are there and click where you imagine they are.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks, for the most part your suggestion worked..

(12-21-2011, 02:34 AM)steady7707 Wrote: when working with a pic that only shows eyes, how can i bypass what appears to be auto-selection of the nose and mouth? do i just need to use paint tools or is there a way to select just the eyes and skip the rest..

thanks,
ed

To skip any step and to progress to the next part just press the Space Bar.

(12-21-2011, 10:31 PM)Salisbury Wrote:
(12-21-2011, 02:34 AM)steady7707 Wrote: when working with a pic that only shows eyes, how can i bypass what appears to be auto-selection of the nose and mouth? do i just need to use paint tools or is there a way to select just the eyes and skip the rest..

thanks,
ed

To skip any step and to progress to the next part just press the Space Bar.

Thanks and that would be great except I just tried.. Set the eye locations and then hit the spacebar to skip the nose.. So far it still wants a nose location.. Am I missing something?

Ok, I did some experiments and I think this is the best way you could do it:
Original photo:

1. Use another software to enlarge the canvas of your image so that it is about the size of the whole face. See attached image below.
2. Mark out the eyes accurately and mark out the other bits where you think they should be!

You should now get a good picture of your edited eyes. Of course you now have to remove the unwanted bit of the canvas.

I found that PP have problem doing it for you if you just have the eyes.

Enjoy and have fun. Do post and let us know how it goes.

Why on earth would you need to have Portrait Professional if only the eyes are shown?. I have an image such as this and Elements is sufficient for the processing such as enhancement of the eyes whiteness and lighting.
Malcolm
Serious About Photography - Alexam Images

Hi Malcolm,
One of the most powerful features of PP is to automatically adjust the eyes and eyebrows to make them look "beautiful and balance" and also provide sliders for you to fine tune. This process takes probably less than 5 minutes to complete. Just click under "eye controls" and Face Sculpt Controls->Eyes.

Thanks williamting, I actually tried this a while ago per your advice and it worked fairly well and was nearly automatic compared to the time it would have taken me with my PS6..