• ¡Welcome to the PortraitPro Forum!
  • Portrait Professional is now PortraitPro!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Less is more!!
Hi, I have now been playing with this for the past couple of days and having lots of fun. I have found the best results can be had when `throttling back` on the sliders a wee bit.. Tell me what you think..

Julia

Rosie

Mark Simms LBIPP -

Hi Mark, I just took a look at your Eyecandy website and found some superb wedding photos in the Gallery.  Nice work!

I agree that less is better many times.  I found that I overdid the PP retouching at first, making my subjects look unnaturally smooth.  They would be flattered at how beautiful I made them, but would know in the back of their minds, "That's not what I really look like."  So I've learned to "temper" all the capabilities of this program and get results that are flattering but realistic enough.

I thought you did a very tasteful job on Julia's portrait; very real looking.  If I were to do anything else to her I might do a bit more work under her eyes to lighten and smooth the dark "bags."

Nice goin'!  Keep it up.

John

johnabe Wrote:Hi Mark, I just took a look at your Eyecandy website and found some superb wedding photos in the Gallery.  Nice work!

I agree that less is better many times.  I found that I overdid the PP retouching at first, making my subjects look unnaturally smooth.  They would be flattered at how beautiful I made them, but would know in the back of their minds, "That's not what I really look like."  So I've learned to "temper" all the capabilities of this program and get results that are flattering but realistic enough.

I thought you did a very tasteful job on Julia's portrait; very real looking.  If I were to do anything else to her I might do a bit more work under her eyes to lighten and smooth the dark "bags."

Nice goin'!  Keep it up.

John

Thanks for the kind words and I totally agree that under Julias eyes could do with a tiny bit of tweaking, but it was a 5 min rush job just to show off the power of the software to some colleagues. They were most impressed! I am still having a blast with it going through my old stuff and may put some bits and pieces up on here.
Mark Simms LBIPP -