• ¡Welcome to the PortraitPro Forum!
  • Portrait Professional is now PortraitPro!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
disappearing jpegs
(08-24-2011, 12:19 PM)Gary Wrote:
(08-22-2011, 03:42 PM)Slynky Wrote: Didn't happen to me and, frankly, it sounds very strange. I've never heard of a software install browsing through someone's files and deleting a certain type unless it had a virus.
Portrait Professional is digitally signed by Anthropics Technology Ltd. so you can check that it was not tampered with since we made it and posted it on our web site.

You can check this in Windows by right-clicking on the downloaded file and choosing "properties".

If you see the signature then you can be sure that the file has not been changed in any way since we made it. We sign the installer program and also the Portrait Professional program itself.

Of course our installer does not delete files from your computer!

Gary

Thanks for your replies guys. I've taken my pc into my local IT company and they tell me that this was caused by a virus and they are now scanning my hard drives to see if they can recover my photos (finger's crossed!). I can't check the properties of the download file at the moment but when I get it back, I'll do that.

Just thought you'd like to know that I tried to install the software on my laptop to see if the same thing happened and my antivirus programme blocked me from going to the PP download site, so I'm thinking that this may be where I picked up a virus. Will keep you posted as to whether my files are successfully recovered.

Jill

Messages In This Thread
disappearing jpegs - jillbristow - 08-22-2011, 02:04 PM
RE: disappearing jpegs - Slynky - 08-22-2011, 03:42 PM
RE: disappearing jpegs - Gary - 08-24-2011, 12:19 PM
RE: disappearing jpegs - jillbristow - 08-24-2011, 02:00 PM
RE: disappearing jpegs - Gary - 08-24-2011, 03:18 PM
RE: disappearing jpegs - Roscoe - 08-25-2011, 03:33 AM
RE: disappearing jpegs - Kat999 - 08-25-2011, 04:54 PM