• ¡Welcome to the PortraitPro Forum!
  • Portrait Professional is now PortraitPro!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
disappearing jpegs
Hi all - has anybody experienced all of their jpegs disappearing after installing PP Studio version? If so, how do I get them back? Thanks a lot.

Didn't happen to me and, frankly, it sounds very strange. I've never heard of a software install browsing through someone's files and deleting a certain type unless it had a virus.
A veteran is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America," for an amount of "up to and including my life".

(08-22-2011, 03:42 PM)Slynky Wrote: Didn't happen to me and, frankly, it sounds very strange. I've never heard of a software install browsing through someone's files and deleting a certain type unless it had a virus.
Portrait Professional is digitally signed by Anthropics Technology Ltd. so you can check that it was not tampered with since we made it and posted it on our web site.

You can check this in Windows by right-clicking on the downloaded file and choosing "properties".

If you see the signature then you can be sure that the file has not been changed in any way since we made it. We sign the installer program and also the Portrait Professional program itself.

Of course our installer does not delete files from your computer!

Gary

(08-24-2011, 12:19 PM)Gary Wrote:
(08-22-2011, 03:42 PM)Slynky Wrote: Didn't happen to me and, frankly, it sounds very strange. I've never heard of a software install browsing through someone's files and deleting a certain type unless it had a virus.
Portrait Professional is digitally signed by Anthropics Technology Ltd. so you can check that it was not tampered with since we made it and posted it on our web site.

You can check this in Windows by right-clicking on the downloaded file and choosing "properties".

If you see the signature then you can be sure that the file has not been changed in any way since we made it. We sign the installer program and also the Portrait Professional program itself.

Of course our installer does not delete files from your computer!

Gary

Thanks for your replies guys. I've taken my pc into my local IT company and they tell me that this was caused by a virus and they are now scanning my hard drives to see if they can recover my photos (finger's crossed!). I can't check the properties of the download file at the moment but when I get it back, I'll do that.

Just thought you'd like to know that I tried to install the software on my laptop to see if the same thing happened and my antivirus programme blocked me from going to the PP download site, so I'm thinking that this may be where I picked up a virus. Will keep you posted as to whether my files are successfully recovered.

Jill

(08-24-2011, 02:00 PM)jillbristow Wrote: Just thought you'd like to know that I tried to install the software on my laptop to see if the same thing happened and my antivirus programme blocked me from going to the PP download site, so I'm thinking that this may be where I picked up a virus. Will keep you posted as to whether my files are successfully recovered.

Jill

Just to be clear, the http://www.portraitprofessional.com http://www.portraitprofessionalstudio.com sites are run by Anthropics.

None of the sites run by Anthropics have any viruses on them.

For further confirmation of this we have thousands of people downloading the free trials every day, and many people downloading the full software every day, and nobody else has reported any problems.

Gary

I'd be interested to know which antivirus software Jill's using. During my years with Anthropics I've gone thru just about every antivirus programme there is and none have reported any problems with the Anthropics site.

Jill...I would also buy a portable hard drive and back up your important photos to it every time you create new ones....unplug it after you back them up....then you don't have to worry about losing them in the future.