• ¡Welcome to the PortraitPro Forum!
  • Portrait Professional is now PortraitPro!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to get the V8 upgrade?
Hi. I've bought the upgrade to PP8 (from PP6.5) but can't find how to get the upgrade. My purchase mail said to click the Check For Updates from the Help menu and enter my token in the box on the check for updates page. However, there is no box for me to enter my token,  only a link to the PP v8.0 trial, a link to but the upgrade (which I did), a link to buy Max Option uprade and a link to enter Max Option upgrade token.
What do I do to get my latest version?
Thanks.

Exactly my own problem! Come on, PP, you can do better than this. Make sure that the instructions you give match the realities of the web pages!

I have purchased version 8, and have a link to download the software, but the link takes me to a page that says "Page not found". I have written to support but no reply. I think there are some issues with the site.

Sorry about this our web site needs to be fixed for the v8 upgrade process and we will do that next week. In the meantime if you create a support ticket I am giving out the necessary activation codes to anyone that gets this problem.

thanks,
Gary
Anthropics

Gary Wrote:Sorry about this our web site needs to be fixed for the v8 upgrade process and we will do that next week. In the meantime if you create a support ticket I am giving out the necessary activation codes to anyone that gets this problem.

thanks,
Gary
Anthropics

Submitting a support ticket is the way to deal with it. I had the same problem last night, submitted a support ticket and got a very quick response. If you go down the right route the support is excellent. It's no good just posting complaints on the forum - it's not what it is for. It's also well recorded on the forum that emails can be a problem, so always raise a ticket.

My thanks to Gary and Leo for doing a great job.
Regards, Fred

Progress has little to do with speed,
but much to do with direction

I'm not complaining, I just wondered how to get the software. Having no way to download the v8 upgrade means that even having an activation code would be no good as I wouldn't have the software Smile
So if next week I'll be able to get the new version through 6.5 hten that's fine, I can wait a week. If I still can't get it after a week, I'll submit a support ticket.
Thanks for the update.

Thank you. It is all working now.

unclebunk Wrote:I'm not complaining, I just wondered how to get the software. Having no way to download the v8 upgrade means that even having an activation code would be no good as I wouldn't have the software Smile
So if next week I'll be able to get the new version through 6.5 hten that's fine, I can wait a week. If I still can't get it after a week, I'll submit a support ticket.
Thanks for the update.

Raise a support ticket and the reply will include both an activation code and a link to the download. Paste the activation code into the Token box on the download page and it will all work smoothly. No need to wait a week Smile
Regards, Fred

Progress has little to do with speed,
but much to do with direction