• ¡Welcome to the PortraitPro Forum!
  • Portrait Professional is now PortraitPro!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
can`t use program
George ........... right click on the PortraitProfessional.exe file in the main programme directory and "send it to the desktop" as a shortcut. In your Explorer, left click on any of your graphic files, keep the mouse button pressed and drag the file and drop it on the PP.exe icon on your desktop. Describe what happens.

Roscoe Wrote:George ........... right click on the PortraitProfessional.exe file in the main programme directory and "send it to the desktop" as a shortcut.  In your Explorer, left click on any of your graphic files, keep the mouse button pressed and drag the file and drop it on the PP.exe icon on your desktop.  Describe what happens.

Roscoe,
Just got back to attempting to make PP work. Tried your suggestion without luck. I can`t drag and drop into PP and continue to get error messages. So this is what I did:
removed all traces of prior installs by using Window Washer, System Mechanic(removed broken shortcuts, file fragments, defraged memory and anything else that may have associations with PP), searched windows using search function, then checked registry to make sure PP was removed completely, turned off AVG anti-virus, turned off window washer; then re-installed PP using firefox. File still dowloads as 8.95Mb of 9Mb. Today I`m going to see if there is a duplicate file hidding somewhere in the system. This is a part of the System Mechanic I have not used before but I know its full of duplicate files. Maybe the answer is there. Beginning  to think my computer is bananas as I can open pictures in PP from time to time.
George

I've just re-read all the threads on this topic and there's been no mention of which flavour of Windows you're using George. If it's XP Pro are you up to date with Microsoft's updates ? I've just download PP Trial to check it's size and it's 9,348,208Mb so the 8.95Mb you downloaded may be incomplete. But, if that's the case it would have failed installation and you've not mentioned anything about that happening.
I've uploaded the trial version to here http://rapidshare.com/files/91082926/Por...tup_en.exe
See if you have better luck downloading from a different location.
If you're using a download accelerator, something like GetRight, Internet Download Manager, FlashGet etc. try downloading the file without the accelerator. Also, I've noticed in the past, especially with AVG running, downloads are corrupted. Turn off AVG for the duration of the download.

For some reason the download link I posted has been trunkated I'll put it here again

http://rapidshare.com/files/91082926/Por...tup_en.exe

Roscoe Wrote:For some reason the download link I posted has been trunkated  I'll put it here again

http://rapidshare.com/files/91082926/Por...tup_en.exe
Roscoe.
Tried to download from the suggested location but file fragmented and only 8.81mb arrived.(wondering now if my fiber optic router is causing the problem) In the program files, PP is showing up as a 15.75mb file. Just deleted all again and will start over tommorrow as I`m out of time. This is probably going to wind up me trying to obtain PP on a disk. Thanks for you help.
George

Hello George,

From what you said here and in our ticket support system I do think this must be down to something else wrong with your computer. Especially because Portrait Professional sometimes works and sometimes doesn't, and this randomness can't be down to Portrait Professional changing, but something else on your computer.

The best way forward is to re-install Windows. I know this sounds like a major thing to try and do, but I don't think we are going to fix this any other way.

regards,
Gary
Anthropics