• ¡Welcome to the PortraitPro Forum!
  • Portrait Professional is now PortraitPro!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No instructions on use...help!
Hi,
Can someone please explain to me what the skin selection tool is for?
All I get is a purple face and then can't get back to the portrait without starting over.Tongue  How does it work? What is its use? Help will be appreciated.

Hi Maggie,

Take a look at our user guide, which can be downloaded here:

http://www.portraitprofessional.com/down...rGuide.pdf

If that doesn't help, then let me know.

Tony

admin Wrote:Hi Maggie,

Take a look at our user guide, which can be downloaded here:

http://www.portraitprofessional.com/down...rGuide.pdf

If that doesn't help, then let me know.

Tony

Dragging back an old topic because it's the only one I saw with the issue so far. I'm getting frequent purple faces. Looked on site for user guide and cannot find. Site says it is on download page but since I've already activated my product, the option isn't there just a thank you type page. I thought when ordering I would have the option of boxed software with manual. ???

The user manual linked to was the version 6 user manual. The version 8.1 manuals are here:

Portrait Professional Windows Manual

Portrait Professional Mac Manual

For future versions of the manual, just go to the download page give your email address and press the Enter button. You will then be given links to the demo version of the software and both manuals.

The blue coloring of the skin indicates where the skin area is. To turn it off, press the tick box labeled "Show Area" in the Skin Controls section. Is that the issue you are having?

Tony

admin Wrote:The user manual linked to was the version 6 user manual.   The version 8.1 manuals are here:

Portrait Professional Windows Manual

Portrait Professional Mac Manual

For future versions of the manual, just go to the download page give your email address and press the Enter button.  You will then be given links to the demo version of the software and both manuals.

The blue coloring of the skin indicates where the skin area is.   To turn it off, press the tick box labeled "Show Area" in the Skin Controls section.  Is that the issue you are having?

Tony

Thanks, but the colored area is definitely not correct. The face shows up as squished together abnormally (big head now 1" wide kinda thing) and purple filling the entired right side of screen. Clicking on the sliders did not do anything.
This is hard to explain but one time it did resolve itself and size and skintone went back to normal. But then I noticed that the changes I had made weren't showing up then until I moved the master slider back and forth. Then I noticed my subject had an shadowed imprinted face on her chest.

OK, so I tried again tonight. I can do one face and results are great. When I go to do the second face in the photo, it seems ok until it processes...then right side "corrected" version is 50% in width and purple. The rest of the viewable corrected photo is black. This is definitely not the skin check box issue. Oddly when I moved the sliders to try and jolt it back to proper, I get the corrected mouth off to the side in the black area not on the skinny face at all. I can get a screenshot if needed but since this keeps occurring, I'm thinking it is happening to more than just me.
Anyway, thought I would update...I've tried everything I can think of and moved every slider,etc. to no avail.

[attachment=104]Decided to post that screen shot rather than us all trying to figure out what i'm talking about.

Ah, this appears to be a bug in the software. We're working on fixing it. In the meantime, there is a workaround:

The solution for this is go to File, Color Settings, and then change the Picture Bit Depth from 16 Bits to 8 Bits Except When Saving. This always works. This won't change the picture you save out.

Hope that helps.

Tony