• ¡Welcome to the PortraitPro Forum!
  • Portrait Professional is now PortraitPro!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A novel idea for your company
Rolleyes 
Here's a novel idea... why not actually answer any and all emails sent to your company?

I bought the PP standard and quickly realized that I need to update to the RAW version as the final image size is only 25% of the original.

In spite of 8 emails, I haven't received one reply. And no, they weren't SPAM filtered out. Do I have to challenge the credit card bill to get someone in your company to wake up?

One would imagine that offering your company more money would stir someone from their sleep. Apparently not.

Hi, sorry you have had problems receiving our replies to you. I set up our mailservers myself and I know exactly how they work, so I know we are sending valid emails to you as replies. They are being filtered out by your mail provider perfora.net please contact them to fix this.

This is a real problem for email delivery these days, so I have set up a ticket based help system for getting around this problem, and this does not depend on email for it to work.

To use our ticket system please read the faq here:

http://portraitprofessional.com/faq/

Please contact us this way and we can reply to you the fastest and most reliable way.

Your other point is about Portrait Professional reducing the size of images to 25%. In fact Portrait Professional does not change the number of pixels in a picture that is processed, or the DPI. What I think is happening here is that you are saving a Portrait Professional project file instead of exporting picture files in jpeg and tiff format. Can you tell me the version of Portrait Professional you are using and I can tell you the exact names of the menu options to use.

regards,
Gary
Anthropics Technology

Finally... a communication from your company. I'm shocked.

I also know how mail servers work and redirect mail to three different mailboxes so I can search two which don't have SPAM filters running. I have NOT received any mail from you until today. I suppose sending mail to your owner finally got some action.

In fact there is not an export command, so I used a save as. I found the error, as the default quality is set to 90% for some reason. When adjusted to 100% it fixed the size reduction problem. In fact, in my test of a 1.5 MB jpg, it actually increased the file size to 2.5 MB.

As I said, I want to upgrade to the higher end version. How can I do that and just pay the difference? In other words, the original bundle option.

And finally, some of your email links don't even work.

Allan Levene
PP v 6.0.2

Gary Wrote:Hi, sorry you have had problems receiving our replies to you. I set up our mailservers myself and I know exactly how they work, so I know we are sending valid emails to you as replies. They are being filtered out by your mail provider perfora.net please contact them to fix this.

This is a real problem for email delivery these days, so I have set up a ticket based help system for getting around this problem, and this does not depend on email for it to work.

To use our ticket system please read the faq here:

http://portraitprofessional.com/faq/

Please contact us this way and we can reply to you the fastest and most reliable way.

Your other point is about Portrait Professional reducing the size of images to 25%. In fact Portrait Professional does not change the number of pixels in a picture that is processed, or the DPI. What I think is happening here is that you are saving a Portrait Professional project file instead of exporting picture files in jpeg and tiff format. Can you tell me the version of Portrait Professional you are using and I can tell you the exact names of the menu options to use.

regards,
Gary
Anthropics Technology

Hi, as you can see above I replied to you 3 days ago!

Please contact perfora.net if you would like to receive all of your emails, they are performing some sort of validation test on emails before they get to your spam filters. I just tried sending mails to you using a gmail account, and it seems to have worked.

perfora.net are still blocking other mails from us though.

For the jpeg problem, I see you were not talking about numbers of pixels, or DPI, but you meant compressed file sizes on disk. If you wish to keep the highest possible quality we recommend using TIFF since this is a non-lossy format. JPEG is a lossy format, so as we say in our FAQ if you want to load and save your images as you make changes then JPEG is not a good option. Even when file sizes increase you are still losing information and quality.

To see your upgrade options please use "check for updates" in the help menu of Portrait Professional.

regards,
Gary
Anthropics Technology

Gary Wrote:Hi, as you can see above I replied to you 3 days ago!

Please contact perfora.net if you would like to receive all of your emails, they are performing some sort of validation test on emails before they get to your spam filters. I just tried sending mails to you using a gmail account, and it seems to have worked.

perfora.net are still blocking other mails from us though.

For the jpeg problem, I see you were not talking about numbers of pixels, or DPI, but you meant compressed file sizes on disk. If you wish to keep the highest possible quality we recommend using TIFF since this is a non-lossy format. JPEG is a lossy format, so as we say in our FAQ if you want to load and save your images as you make changes then JPEG is not a good option. Even when file sizes increase you are still losing information and quality.

To see your upgrade options please use "check for updates" in the help menu of Portrait Professional.

regards,
Gary
Anthropics Technology

It's a shame that only some comments are being answered, and the others ignored. Why is that?

To reiterate, I bought the v6 when I should have bought the V6 professional version. I contacted your company, and found that some email addressed didn't exist, and bounced and that others were ignored. No one else has problems sending me emails, only you.

Please arrange for the purchase of the pro version at the original price.

I also cannot find the export command to save as jpgs. Please describe exactly where it is.

alevene Wrote:I also cannot find the export command to save as jpgs. Please describe exactly where it is.

Go to File then Save Picture and you can choose to save as a jpeg or tiff. HTH.
Regards, Fred

Progress has little to do with speed,
but much to do with direction

alevene Wrote:To reiterate, I bought the v6 when I should have bought the V6 professional version.
Hi Allan,

I have refunded your credit card for the original purchase, please go ahead and buy Portrait Professional with the Max option now if you wish.

alevene Wrote:I contacted your company, and found that some  email addressed didn't exist, and bounced and that others were ignored. No one else has problems sending me emails, only you.
no messages were ignored, but you were unable to receive the replies, please contact your mail provider to fix this as explained above. Also, we now have a ticket system that does not need email to function in order for us to communicate.

If you know of an email address for us that bounces please let me know the address.

regards,
Gary
Anthropics Technology

Gary Wrote:
alevene Wrote:To reiterate, I bought the v6 when I should have bought the V6 professional version.
Hi Allan,

I have refunded your credit card for the original purchase, please go ahead and buy Portrait Professional with the Max option now if you wish.

alevene Wrote:I contacted your company, and found that some email addressed didn't exist, and bounced and that others were ignored. No one else has problems sending me emails, only you.
no messages were ignored, but you were unable to receive the replies, please contact your mail provider to fix this as explained above. Also, we now have a ticket system that does not need email to function in order for us to communicate.

If you know of an email address for us that bounces please let me know the address.

regards,
Gary
Anthropics Technology

sales@anthopics.com

alevene Wrote:
Gary Wrote:
Hi Allan,

alevene Wrote:I contacted your company, and found that some email addressed didn't exist, and bounced and that others were ignored. No one else has problems sending me emails, only you.

regards,
Gary
Anthropics Technology

sales@anthopics.com

Your web designer typo'd the address -

'Anthropics Sales' [sales@anthopics.com];

alevene Wrote:'Anthropics Sales' [sales@anthopics.com];
ok good, we already fixed that a while ago so nobody else will get that problem.

regards,
Gary
Anthropics Technology