• ¡Welcome to the PortraitPro Forum!
  • Portrait Professional is now PortraitPro!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Second computer
Hello,
How, if possible, to activate a PP on a second computer?
Thanks

The PortraitProfessional license is for a single install, but we allow you to move the license to another computer. If you want to do this please go to our FAQ http://portraitprofessional.com/faq/ and you can see how to do it.

Gary.

Hi there,
this thread is what I need to drive my point home. I am keen to have PP in my PC and yet I would love to have it installed in my Dell laptop as well and be able to use it when I am moving around especially at Starbucks all over the world. If this is possible, then I shall have no second thoughts. For the price of one of course.
Gary, are you there ?

Cheers!

Go without a few of your Starbuck's coffees - it shouldn't take long to save up the price of a second copy of PP Big Grin
Regards, Fred

Progress has little to do with speed,
but much to do with direction

You can now transfer licenses to different computers without needing to email us. Simply use the following link:

http://www.portraitprofessional.com/licenses/

Tony

Just bought v6 Max yesterday, so far so good!

edit: BTW bought it because it's now a standalone application. I will be using it along Lightroom and DxO.

Is there a limitation on the number of actual switches?

I expect that many like we equipped with a laptop, are working at home/office on a big system, and use the laptop on the road for light/immediate stuff - hence the need to switch back and forth very often.

jptherrien Wrote:Just bought v6 Max yesterday, so far so good!

edit: BTW bought it because it's now a standalone application. I will be using it along Lightroom and DxO.

Is there a limitation on the number of actual switches?

I expect that many like we equipped with a laptop, are working at home/office on a big system, and use the laptop on the road for light/immediate stuff - hence the need to switch back and forth very often.

Hi,

The license agreement says that you can have the software activated on one computer at a time. If you are constantly moving the license between two computers you should buy two licenses instead because this was not the way the license manager was intended to be used.

Before version 6 we had a server that effectively authorized the license every time a picture was enhanced, so our license manager did not limit the total number of times a license was moved.

Version 6 does not use a server in this way, so if you want to activate the software on a second computer you need to remove it from the first computer. You can then use the license manager as before for the download link and activation token on the second computer.

regards,
Gary
Anthropics Technology