• ¡Welcome to the PortraitPro Forum!
  • Portrait Professional is now PortraitPro!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mac Lion OS
Anyone else experiencing problems with the new Mac os? I am having trouble saving work to jpg/tiff, it now takes several minutes to save an image. It was saving images in seconds prior to my Mac update, new machine too. I'm now working with a new install but still not right...wondering if I've done something wrong during uninstall and install. Please help!

Dave

Hi Dave,

Have you done a completely fresh installation? In order for an reinstall to be completely fresh the software must request the token again.

Warm regards,
Leo
Anthropics Technology

Leo Wrote:Hi Dave,

Have you done a completely fresh installation? In order for an reinstall to be completely fresh the software must request the token again.

Warm regards,
Leo
Anthropics Technology

Aaaaaaah Leo, we may have hit upon something here!! I enter the token on the page where it say enter token (or email address) and nowhere else. When I enter token it gives me a choice then of downloading version for Windows or Mac (I choose Mac obviously) but it doesn't ask again for token. So what am I doing wrong?

(07-26-2011, 08:57 PM)puredodee Wrote:
Leo Wrote:Hi Dave,

Warm regards,
Leo
Anthropics Technology

Aaaaaaah Leo, we may have hit upon something here!! I enter the token on the page where it say enter token (or email address) and nowhere else. When I enter token it gives me a choice then of downloading version for Windows or Mac (I choose Mac obviously) but it doesn't ask again for token. So what am I doing wrong?

Hi puredodee,

I'm not sure whether Leo responded by mail, but for anyone browsing the forum, here's the key to getting Portrait Professional to ask for the activation code again after an uninstall on Mac Lion. Simply go to your Home directory and hold down the option key (Alt on normal keyboards). This will make your library folder visible. Now select Preferences in the library folder and delete any files that contain portraitprofessional or anthropics in them. Then reinstall as usual and the application will ask for your token again.

Hope this helps.
Anthropics Technology Ltd.

This is a completely stupid question, but I actually don't know what going to the Home Directory means! Please help quickly!

Hi Ejaskol,

The Home Directory is a folder on your Mac and it contains among other things, the saved preferences and settings for your applications. It will usually be named "Home" or after the Username that you are using on your Mac, depending on where you are viewing it from.

To get to the Home Directory when using Mac Lion, Open Finder and then go to the top of the screen where the File Options are. Click on "Go" to expand this menu. Now hold ALT (Option Key, usually on the right of the Space bar) and you will see the option "Library" appear. Click on Library and then go into Preferences. Look for anything with the word "anthropics" or Portrait Professional in the Preferences folder and delete it. Now the next time you start Portrait Professional, it will ask you to reactivate.

If you'd prefer more specific help with your issue, you can open a support ticket here: http://www.portraitprofessional.com/supp...ket_submit and once you explain the issue that you are experiencing, our team will find a solution.

We hope this helps.
Anthropics Technology Ltd.