• ¡Welcome to the PortraitPro Forum!
  • Portrait Professional is now PortraitPro!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Upgrade policy
Hello,

I purchased PP v4.2.5 in late April. Now that v5 is out (in early June), I was quite surprised (and a little disappointed) that such a recently acquired license would require a repurchase of the product - even at the discounted upgrade price. My original license was only $39.95, and now the discounted upgrade is an additional $29.95...

What exactly is the upgrade policy for PP and is the "Check for Updates" process correct in telling me that I have to purchase the upgrade?

Thanks for any input.

Jeff Godfrey

Our upgrade policy is that we give free upgrades to any minor releases of the version you have bought (e.g. v4.1 to v4.2). We feel the upgrade price to v5 is quite generous, as we are charging only $10 more than the difference in price between the two products. Version 5 is priced higher than version 4 because we've added lots of features to improve the results and give you a faster work-flow. However, as from today, for a limited time, we're putting the price of v5 down to $49.95, so the upgrade price will be only $19.95.

Tony

admin Wrote:Our upgrade policy is that we give free upgrades to any minor releases of the version you have bought (e.g. v4.1 to v4.2).

Hi Tony,

Thanks for the info and the clarification. That policy sounds reasonable and fairly standard, though there is typically a clause that would allow a free upgrade to individuals who purchased the previous version within some time frame near the end of its life-cycle. I'm not suggesting that my case should our should not fall inside such a "grace period", just that it seems normal for many software upgrade policies...

admin Wrote:We feel the upgrade price to v5 is quite generous, as we are charging only $10 more than the difference in price between the two products. Version 5 is priced higher than version 4 because we've added lots of features to improve the results and give you a faster work-flow. However, as from today, for a limited time, we're putting the price of v5 down to $49.95, so the upgrade price will be only $19.95.

All good points - thanks. I guess I may have to ckeck out v5... Wink

Thanks again.

Jeff