• ¡Welcome to the PortraitPro Forum!
  • Portrait Professional is now PortraitPro!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Version 5
Hi!

What about the new verion 5?
Is it coming soon?

I'm looking forward to hearing from you!!!

Bye!

Version 5 is now released! If you use 'check for updates' in the help menu, you will be told about it. If you are eligible for a free update, it will let you know, otherwise you will be given the opportunity to try the trial version or buy the update. Installing the trial version of v5 wont interfere with your bought version of v4.

Tony

I have used "check for updates", but it tells me that I am using the most recent version 4.2.5
I'm using the spanish version, but I don't find the English Version 5 either.

admin Wrote:Version 5 is now released! If you use 'check for updates' in the help menu, you will be told about it. If you are eligible for a free update, it will let you know, otherwise you will be given the opportunity to try the trial version or buy the update. Installing the trial version of v5 wont interfere with your bought version of v4.

Tony

Hi there,

The reason you can't play with version 5 in Spanish is that we've not translated it yet. If you don't mind using it in English, just try downloading the trial from the English website. (Don't worry, version 5 will not interfere with the version you currently have installed). After installing version 5, if you do check for updates, it should tell you if you are eligible for a free upgrade or if you need to pay to get the full version 5.

Tony

Thanks!

I´ve already bought it and I am very pleased with it.

This software is amazing and I think that you have done a fantastic work.
I'm still experimenting with the news features of the program so I can't tell you more about it.

If I have any doubt or suggestion I'll ask you.

Congratulations!

I have also bought the upgrade and think it is very worthwhile.

The crop tool is a great inclusion but the fixed ratio doesn't seem to work properly. If you set a ratio, say 2:3, it ought to stop increasing when you hit the sides while drawing on one edge but it doesn't. If I am doing something wrong please say so.

It could also do with a tilting/straightening action.

Other than that the changes all seem to be great. I particularly like the eye sharpening function, the presets and the new layout is better.
Regards, Fred

Progress has little to do with speed,
but much to do with direction

Thanks for all the great feedback!

Regarding the fixed ratio function, I think it's a matter of personal taste. If you request a tall thin clip area and then pull a vertical edge to make it wide, you've effectively asked it to do two contradicting things because the clip area can't go outside of the picture. The question is; which one will it honour? We've chosen to make it honour the mouse input, while breaking the aspect ratio. I'll keep tracking feedback about the tool, to see if we can improve it in future versions.

Tony

Tony,

Thanks for the reply.

My vote is for it honouring the fixed ratio. I've just tried five other programs and all do this, so it is a sort of standard. It would also be good to have a drop down list of common ratios and to be able to add user definable ones as well.

In addition to this and the ability to straighten or tilt the image, can I suggest that the dimensions are also shown when cropping.

Just as a matter of interest I have tried PP on a 'finished' example of facial enhancement from a Photoshop tutorial. To be fair I zeroed the facial sculpting but still got a slightly better result and a lot quicker than with PS. I doubt they would want me to upload thier image here but if anyone wants to have a go themselves it can be found here
Regards, Fred

Progress has little to do with speed,
but much to do with direction

FredSpencer Wrote:My vote is for it honouring the fixed ratio.

I agree 100%. While using a fixed crop ratio, there should be no way create a crop box that doesn't match that ratio. That's what a free-form crop is for. With the current method, it's just too easy to get an unexpected aspect ratio...

Along with Fred's suggestions, I'd add...

1. Ability to easily toggle to a free-form box (checkbox?)
2. Ability to flip the crop box's X/Y ratio (without re-entering the values)
3. Ability to tab between the crop entry fields.

Jeff