• ¡Welcome to the PortraitPro Forum!
  • Portrait Professional is now PortraitPro!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Saving files
Hi
I am a  new user of Portrait Professional 5(as of a few hours ago LOL) and although I am very impressed with the resultiing portraits I do have a problem. Portrait Professional only seems to allow me to save completed work as .pp files . This is a problem for me as I cannot open .pp files in Windows itself or in any of my applications such as  PSP or PS.
Is there some way I can save them originally as (for example) a .jpg file or failing that,  if I have to save them as pp files,  is there some way  I can later convert the files to jpg files? Perhaps there is a conversion program somewhere that will allow me to do that?
Hoping someone can help!

Jenny

Hi,

In the file menu, use the command Export Image to save as a tiff or a jpg.

Tony

admin Wrote:Hi,

Tony
thanks Tony! That is great! obviously I should have explored the Menu items more.
Thank you so much.
Jenifer

Peloux Wrote:

Tony
thanks Tony! That is great! obviously I should have explored the Menu items more.
Thank you so much.
Jenifer

Up until I read this I'd been using a screen capture programme (PixelMetrics CaptureWizPro) to capture my modified graphics as the .pp format isn't supported by anything except Portrait Pro !!

Tony

Hi, new to PP - have PP6. I do not have an Export Image command in my File menu. Why?

Marilyn Wheeldon Wrote:Hi, new to PP - have PP6. I do not have an Export Image command in my File menu. Why?

I don't either but what I do have is File > Save Picture, and that gives me the choice of saving as a jpg or tiff (or save project or save project as).
Whichever of the jpg/tiff option you choose the file will have pp just before the .jjpg or .tif
i.e. photograph_pp.jpg photograph_pp.tif