• ¡Welcome to the PortraitPro Forum!
  • Portrait Professional is now PortraitPro!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Tips on merging PP with rest of the body
Hi all,

Can any experienced users give me some idea of how they overcome the fact that PortraitPro only works on the face?

For me it makes quite an obvious difference between the face and the body...

Many thanks,

Glyn
Glyn

Portrait Professional is designed to enhance portrait photos.
However, if your photo includes other parts of the body, then you can use the skin enhancement tools on other parts of the skin that can be seen.
To do this, all you need to do is make sure that the Portrait Professional knows which parts of the photo are skin. This is done using the skin area tools, as described in Skin Area.

Use the Help file and type "skin area" in the search box. There are many topics in there which will explain what you can do.

I've just realised what a stupid question that was, there is a huge button for it! Apologies and thanks!
Glyn

There are no stupid questions in this forum. We are all learning how to work with PP. No apologies required here.

Glyn Wrote:I've just realised what a stupid question that was, there is a huge button for it!  Apologies and thanks!

I'm glad about that... there may be more!!
Glyn

User tip...always save your session before you save your finished file...that way if you realize later you missed an area of skin or wanted to use or change a feature...you can go right back in with your last result without resetting your points on the image.

Since ther are no stupid questions, I have sort of figured out how to fix face and skin issues but I have a photo that has scratches on the background that I would like to repair. I can't find an easy way to do this. Any thoughts?

Michael Treacy, I am just thinking aloud... since PP doesn't really know the difference between a real skin and a "make believe" skin, why don't you just highlight the background/scratches and tell PP that they are also skin!? Then you just use the touch-up brush to smooth them off. Ok, I haven't tried this myself. Just an idea. I believe it should work.

(10-22-2012, 01:58 AM)Michael Treacy Wrote: Since ther are no stupid questions, I have sort of figured out how to fix face and skin issues but I have a photo that has scratches on the background that I would like to repair. I can't find an easy way to do this. Any thoughts?

Personally I would say do not use PP for this as thats not what its designed for and may not give the results you want as it will be trying to apply some skin texture.

It would be better to do it in photoshop (or your editing software of choice) either before or after running it through PP

Hi Michael Treacy,

If you're looking to fix backgrounds, we'd recommend one of our other software titles Smart Photo Editor. It allows you to selectively alter backgrounds so you can blur, composite another image as the background or even copy unscratched portions of your background onto the scratched areas. You can try the free trial here at http://www.smartphotoeditor.com

Arjun
Anthropics Technology Ltd.