• ¡Welcome to the PortraitPro Forum!
  • Portrait Professional is now PortraitPro!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should I buy?
Hi all,

I have been hunting around for an answer to the question 'should I buy Portrait Pro?' for a while.

I haven't downloaded a free trial but I have seen it in action, and I thought that the result was a little 'overcooked'. I don't want to go through the whole process of learning it unless I have to, and unless it is most likely going to be worth the time and effort. But I was impressed with the speed that the programme can do things.

I have Lightroom 3, and CS4 and can do great things with them, but it takes me a long time.

There are plugins that you can get for Photoshop that i am also thinking about....

I have read a few articles on here including 'don't buy Portrait Pro', but I would love to get some more opinions.

Any thoughts much appreciated!

Many thanks,

Glyn
Glyn

IMHO money well spent. There's nothing like this software on the market. If you're a professional photographer you'll find this tool invaluable.

Roscoe Wrote:IMHO money well spent.  There's nothing like this software on the market.  If you're a professional photographer you'll find this tool invaluable.

this software is the most unbelievable thing I have ever used. I have a lot of software from other companies that cost a lot more and aren't as lightning fast or good as this one. just did some senior pics of a girl that is very very plain. hate to be mean but she borders on ugly. I used portrait pro and in a minute she looked pretty but like herself. I don't know how they do it without making her look overly airbrushed or fake. she looked exactly like herself but really pretty. I will be so proud to give her those pics. this software is miraculous and really really fast with a very short learning curve. I think everyone should have it.

myrna83s Wrote:
Roscoe Wrote:IMHO money well spent.  There's nothing like this software on the market.  If you're a professional photographer you'll find this tool invaluable.

this software is the most unbelievable thing I have ever used. I have a lot of software from other companies that cost a lot more and aren't as lightning fast or good as this one. just did some senior pics of a girl that is very very plain. hate to be mean but she borders on ugly. I used portrait pro and in a minute she looked pretty but like herself. I  don't know how they do it without making her look overly airbrushed or fake. she looked exactly like herself but really pretty. I will be so proud to give her those pics. this software is miraculous and really really fast with a very short learning curve. I think everyone should have it.

if your portrait looks overcooked there are sliders to tone down the effect. so far mine have not looked overdone but the sliders are there if u need them.

myrna83s Wrote:
myrna83s Wrote:

this software is the most unbelievable thing I have ever used. I have a lot of software from other companies that cost a lot more and aren't as lightning fast or good as this one. just did some senior pics of a girl that is very very plain. hate to be mean but she borders on ugly. I used portrait pro and in a minute she looked pretty but like herself. I  don't know how they do it without making her look overly airbrushed or fake. she looked exactly like herself but really pretty. I will be so proud to give her those pics. this software is miraculous and really really fast with a very short learning curve. I think everyone should have it.

if your portrait looks overcooked there are sliders to tone down the effect. so far mine have not looked overdone but the sliders are there if u need them.

I have used this for only a week. It has been a life  and saver for me.
the use of multiple persons in a photo with and without open eyes, mouths, is a blessing.
For what I use it for it is very special and I could not get the results any other way without a lot of time spent.  I have the studio version which gives you a plug-in for PS.
If what you are seeing makes someone look plastic, then make adjustments with the sliders. Nice, easy, more time for more shots.
PortraitProfessional Forum

Great, thanks.

I get great results in Photoshop, but it takes me too long - my mouse finger aches like crazy sometimes!

I think this may be the way to go....

Many thanks everyone,

Glyn
Glyn

Ok, so I go t the free trial, and I think I like it....

But the programme seems to just focus on the face area. Does this cause a problem with portraits that have other parts of the body in such as shoulders, arms and legs?

On the example I tried I found that the face no longer seemed to belong to the body and the body needed work in Photoshop, which kind of defeats the object....

Does anyone else have this problem? Do you just use it for facial portraits??

Thanks,

Glyn
Glyn

Other skin areas of the body can be modified, not just the face/s. Checkout the Help file. Type "full body" in the search box.

i think Most of the professional photographers have started to use this software widely..
this new technology is very useful.

PP Studio v10 is simply astounding! It works with RAW files and if not over applied it delivers fantastic results. I have just received my CS5 upgrade and will be installing CS5 very soon. Then I really look forward to how PP Studio v10 can be used from within PS CS5.