• ¡Welcome to the PortraitPro Forum!
  • Portrait Professional is now PortraitPro!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
User's hints and tips
I am a new user of PP and would be interested to hear any hints or tips other more experienced users might have. If this is the sort of thing others would also like can I suggest that a User's Hints and Tips forum be set up. This would help any newbies just starting out but could also benefit more experienced users.

My initial findings would suggest that rather than have the skin imperfection slider set at 100, as it is everytime it comes back from the server, if I set it at 0 and then do adjustments (particularly with the touch up brush) I can use this particular slider as a final blender. So far this method seems to give me a better finish than any other way I have tried. Has anyone else found this to be the case?

Thanks in advance to anyone who shares their knowledge.
Regards, Fred

Progress has little to do with speed,
but much to do with direction

FredSpencer Wrote:I am a new user of PP and would be interested to hear any hints or tips other more experienced users might have. If this is the sort of thing others would also like can I suggest that a User's Hints and Tips forum be set up. This would help any newbies just starting out but could also benefit more experienced users.

My initial findings would suggest that rather than have the skin imperfection slider set at 100, as it is everytime it comes back from the server, if I set it at 0 and then do adjustments (particularly with the touch up brush) I can use this particular slider as a final blender. So far this method seems to give me a better finish than any other way I have tried. Has anyone else found this to be the case?

Thanks in advance to anyone who shares their knowledge.
Fred I set everything back to O before I start working on a image. This I found out the hard way!

Terry,

Thanks for your tip.

I have tried it with Emma (the sample shot when you open PP). I reset absolutely everything to zero but was interested to see that there was a difference in the before and after shots still. The after was a bit flatter and had lost the reddish colour of the original. Using your starting point I made adjustments to get it to my liking. I then did a sample starting from the default and again adjusted to my liking. I saved both of these and a copy of the default shot with no changes at all and compared them all side by side. I found I preferred the shot starting from default with my adjustments added but only because I had made better alterations to the lighting/shadows on that one. This was probably because I had made fewer other adjustments than when starting from zero on everything so thought more about other changes that could be made. If I could go back and set the same lighting/shadows changes to the zero original shot I think I might well prefer it. If nothing else I think it shows that practice is necessary to master all the controls. I also felt that the default shot unaltered wasn't bad either. I would think, for those that need quick proof shots, the default could be used as is and altered later to the taste of clients.

It's all very interesting and I hope others will join in on this thread. Onced again thanks for contributing.  
Regards, Fred

Progress has little to do with speed,
but much to do with direction