• ¡Welcome to the PortraitPro Forum!
  • Portrait Professional is now PortraitPro!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Feature requests from a new User
Hi All,

As a recent PP purchaser, I have a few initial requests...

- Dockable panels. It seems that I'm always moving the adjustments panel around to get it off of the top of what I'm editing. Many times, it can be parked along the right edge and not be in the way, but I still find myself moving it from time to time. I'd like the ability to *dock* the panel to the (right) edge so it's never on top if the image I'm working on.

- Ability to return individual controls to their "default" condition. Now, it seems that we can reset an entire control "set" to its default condition, but not individual controls within the set. Another small button or icon to the right of the spin-box control or to the left of the control label is probably all that's needed.

- Ability to store User-defined settings. For instance, I don't like that the "Skin | Imperfections" always comes back set to 100. I reduce it each time and I'd like the program to remember that...

- Mouse actions for zoom window and pan functions. It'd be nice if the zoom window and pan functions were always available via the mouse. Even if that means that a modifier key needs to be used to activate them. For instance, maybe Ctrl+Mouse click = zoom window and Shift+mouse drag = pan. Or right-click+drag = pan, or ?? I just find it a bit cumbersome to access the current controls.

- I'd like the ability to redo some of the face-mesh points after seeing the final results. I realize this would probably require another round-trip to the server, but so be it. That's better than starting over.

- I'd like the ability to "save" my modifications with an image (in a sidecar file of some sort), so that I could reprocess it at some later stage, but start where I left off.

Please, don't take the above to mean that I am not happy with the software. Quite the opposite actually - I think it's really great. I just think that some of the above would serve to improve the product. Also, if some of the above is already available and I've just missed it, feel free to enlighten me.

I'll post more as I have time to experiment with the package... ;^)

Thanks, and keep up the great work.

Jeff

All good points and they would be nice to see.

Double clicking on sliders is a good way to have them reset and is used in a number of other apps.

If you click 'BacK' at the bottom left of the screen it takes you back to the facial adjustments. Just keep going back till you get to the ones you want. Then go forward again (pressing the spacebar) and it will run it throught the server again. You don't lose any adjustments you have made.
Regards, Fred

Progress has little to do with speed,
but much to do with direction

FredSpencer Wrote:Double clicking on sliders is a good way to have them reset and is used in a number of other apps.

Yep, I agree (ala RSP, which makes available a double-click of the slider and a small icon when the slider is moved from the default). That'd be perfect.

FredSpencer Wrote:If you click 'BacK' at the bottom left of the screen it takes you back to the facial adjustments. Just keep going back till you get to the ones you want. Then go forward again (pressing the spacebar) and it will run it throught the server again. You don't lose any adjustments you have made.

Excellent. I hadn't noticed that, though that brings up another (minor) request. If I want to backup up through several steps, I need to "chase" the "back" link around the screen with my mouse, as it's location depends on the other text information found in the panel. I'd like to see a pair of statically located "Back" and "Forward" buttons to eliminate the problem.

Thanks,

Jeff

Hi everyone,

All good suggestions! So good in fact we've already added several of them for version 5.0 which will be released soon. User defined presets and being able to save projects are two features that will appear in version 5.0. As for the others, I'll add them to the list.

Tony

That's great - thanks Tony... Wink

Jeff

jgodfrey Wrote:[Yep, I agree (ala RSP, which makes available a double-click of the slider and a small icon when the slider is moved from the default).  That'd be perfect.

Rawshooter is a great example of an easy to use program. It's a shame it was killed off.
Regards, Fred

FredSpencer Wrote:Rawshooter is a great example of an easy to use program. It's a shame it was killed off.

Couldn't agree more - I still use it as I can't find a suitable replacement. I knew that you (Fred) would know what I was talking about... Wink

Jeff

jgodfrey Wrote:Couldn't agree more - I still use it as I can't find a suitable replacement.  I knew that you (Fred) would know what I was talking about... Wink

No point in ranting about the demise of RS here. I do find, though, that PP gives me the same enjoyment and satisfaction that RS does while using it. I just hope it doesn't go the same way.

I posted on the RS forum about PP so hopefully more will come over here.
Regards, Fred

FredSpencer Wrote:I posted on the RS forum about PP so hopefully more will come over here.

Yep, I think that's the post that brought me... Now, enough about RS... Wink

Jeff