• ¡Welcome to the PortraitPro Forum!
  • Portrait Professional is now PortraitPro!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FIRST TIME USER
Loretta        

Welcome...looks like you are getting off to a good start...you might consider not applying as much smoothing to the skin...this will avoid a plastic look to the face....and make sure you don't make the eyebrows disappear...make sure the skin mask doesn't cover up the eyebrows. I would also soften the lips a bit to give them a less harsh look. Can't wait to see more as you progress.

Thanks for the input - I appreciate it!

Steve

I could never learn photoshop, paintshop pro etc. Try letting the automated settings do the work for you. then take over from there. You will find that these settings greatly improve the photo. Smile

Vince

The defaults are pretty good....most of the changes that I don't like ...are the face sculpture defaults....unless I'm trying to make a model more enhanced for an ad.

Another Try

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

There still seems like an excess of smoothing...the jaw lines no longer have any definition and the skin looks very waxy...the details of the woman's nose seem to fade into the face....I like the darkening of the man's suit and tie...that is a big improvement....also remember the other skin that is showing....you've removed all of the older couples wrinkles (which is unrealistic...you want them to make them less noticeable...not delete them....) , but....you left their hands looking very old? Practice will improve everything....we've all over done our first photos.

thanks kat999 -

BETTER ? I learned moderation today !

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Much better...I personally would back off a bit more on the larger facial lines around the eyes ...never try to make someone over the age of 30 to 50 look more than 5 years younger...and anyone over the age of 60 look more than 7 years younger and anyone over the age of 75 to 100 look more than 9 years younger...if you are over 100... You no longer care how old you look...your just happy if you can still chew food! I would be very careful when smoothing male photos...they really need to maintain more texture to their skin for it to look more natural...the man's teeth look too bright and sharpened too much...but you are def coming along fast....keep up the good work...like I said before...we all over do sometimes....sometimes on purpose...sometimes...by mistake.