• ¡Welcome to the PortraitPro Forum!
  • Portrait Professional is now PortraitPro!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ok here's a few
Several folks were unhappy about the harshness of face and poor quality of their photos taken for a directory.  These were suppose to be nice formal photos taken by a very well known national studio. They wanted something a little more formal, softer, and presentable photo for the one they display at their home...since they would be a lot larger than the ones in the directory. The one with the lady...she didn't like her unflattering hair, her crooked necklace (which she thought the studio should have fixed before snapping the photo)...and she felt her smile was too fake. The man didn't like the harshness, the glare on his glasses or the unflatering smile showing his teeth (I also freshened up his coat with a more formal texture. The priest's photo was too harsh, and he had a strange tilt to his body...plus the discoloration of his jacket was really bad....it had greenish colors in his black jacket...plus his collar was crooked. PP cleaned up the skin tones and blemishes and many other faults....I love this program.
These images are reduced and compressed in size, because the originals were huge...so enlarging them much will pixelate badly...but the real ones are clear. Everyone was happy!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

They look brilliant, not over-done but nicely finished.
I know some clients can be extremely fussy, I often find Asian people want me to make them lighter in complexion, I prefer to keep people looking natural, God gave them that beautiful skin for a reason, but at the end of the day the customer is the one to make happy not you. However if the customers on the other hand aren't happy, chances aren't you won't be either LOL.

Would love to see more of your work, btw how did you straighten up the Priests head, was that photoshopped?

StarKatz Wrote:They look brilliant, not over-done but nicely finished.
I know some clients can be extremely fussy, I often find Asian people want me to make them lighter in complexion, I prefer to keep people looking natural, God gave them that beautiful skin for a reason, but at the end of the day the customer is the one to make happy not you. However if the customers on the other hand aren't happy, chances aren't you won't be either LOL.

Would love to see more of your work, btw how did you straighten up the Priests head, was that photoshopped?

I tilted the entire image to the right just a bit since he seemed to be leaning his entire body....used Paint Shop for that.

For the life of me I can't see what's crooked about the necklace in the "before" shot, unless it's because it's on top of the coat lapel, instead of underneath it !

That's basically it...it didn't look right the way it was laying....so I fixed it? Crooked was the word she used to describe her necklace...because the two sides did not lay on her clothes the same on both sides.

I agree with her opinion of her hair ....... looks like she's been dragged through a hedge, backwards !

That's a bit rude....she wasn't happy with her hair, but to say she looked like she had "been dragged through a hedge, backwards !" would be very hurtful if she looked on this forum and saw that someone wrote that about her. Why do think that is ok to talk about someone like that?