• ¡Welcome to the PortraitPro Forum!
  • Portrait Professional is now PortraitPro!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Poll: Feature requests for v4. Now closed, as v4 is released!
This poll is closed.
Support for 3/4 view shots
18.97%
22 18.97%
Support for profile shots
15.52%
18 15.52%
More control over 'more' and 'less' brushes
10.34%
12 10.34%
Better zooming
1.72%
2 1.72%
Raw image format support
16.38%
19 16.38%
More control over skin tone
10.34%
12 10.34%
16 bits per channel image support
6.90%
8 6.90%
Something else
4.31%
5 4.31%
Separate controls for face sculpting different areas of the face
15.52%
18 15.52%
Nothing else - its perfect
0%
0 0%
Total 116 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top feature reqests for v4 (closed now v4 is released)
What would you most like to see in the next version of Portrait Professional?

#1 This would work so much better as a Photoshop plug in.

Right now i must loan in a jpg into PP then save out another jpg and then load that jpg into PS to do more work on it and then save it as jpg.

All this jpg saving is down grading the image file.

If it worked as a PS plugin i could do everything in PS and save the file out one time as a jpg when its all done.

#2 It needs to support Tiff files so people can load in a Tiff that has not been down graded to a jpg.
I shoot 100 % Raw and to have to save to jpg and then save and save to jpg it is killing the image quality.

#3 would love to see a sharpen brush so i can sharped eyes and mouth and what ever when needed.

#4 All brushes need to be resizeible

#5 I see no way to step back or do a undo after i use a brush. sometimes i do not like what i did but i can not got back. Please add undo going back up to 10 times back.

#6 Need to add in a way to work on more then one person.
Like after doing one person it will then let you go back and do a second person and then a third. Two people for sure would be a good start. We shoot couples all the time. Wedding, portraits.

#7 A Pro interface for people who know how to work the program. So its a fater larger view window with no help show on the side.

#8 Need to be able to run the program not hooked to the Internet.
Why is this like this it makes no sence.

So far i love the program but would love to see lots of new things added to make working with it much more productive when editing photos.

Hi there,

Thanks for your feature requests. You will be happy to hear that we are working hard on the next version of the software, which includes several of your feature requests and more. Also, I'm pleased to say that we already cover a few of your requests.

We already do support tiff files (after pressing 'start' you will see tiff is listed as one of the files we support). If you do open a tiff file, when you come to save the image, it will be saved as a tiff, with no loss of quality.

If you want to work on multiple people in a photo, simply process the first one, save out the result and then load it back in again to work on the next one. If you are working on tiffs you will not see any loss in quality by repeated loads and saves. In the future we are planning to add a feature to streamline this process, but it will still work on one person at a time, to keep the interface simple and fast.

I hope that helps. Please keep the feedback coming, as your suggestions help us make a better product.

Tony

digitaled Wrote:#1 This would work so much better as a Photoshop plug in.

Right now i must loan in a jpg into PP then save out another jpg and then load that jpg into PS to do more work on it and then save it as jpg.

All this jpg saving is down grading the image file.

If it worked as a PS plugin i could do everything in PS and save the file out one time as a jpg when its all done.

#2 It needs to support Tiff files so people can load in a Tiff that has not been down graded to a jpg.
I shoot 100 % Raw and to have to save to jpg and then save and save to jpg it is killing the image quality.

#3 would love to see a sharpen brush so i can sharped eyes and mouth and what ever when needed.

#4 All brushes need to be resizeible

#5 I see no way to step back or do a undo after i use a brush. sometimes i do not like what i did but i can not got back. Please add undo going back up to 10 times back.

#6 Need to add in a way to work on more then one person.
Like after doing one person it will then let you go back and do a second person and then a third. Two people for sure would be a good start. We shoot couples all the time. Wedding, portraits.

#7 A Pro interface for people who know how to work the program. So its a fater larger view window with no help show on the side.

#8 Need to be able to run the program not hooked to the Internet.
Why is this like this it makes no sence.

So far i love the program but would love to see lots of new things added to make working with it much more productive when editing photos.

What I would like (and allready comunicated, just not in the forum) is a way to get back some skin texture, sometimes a face needs a bit more softening, but makes it too plastic, it would be great if there was a way to bring (maybe artificial) texture to the skin.

I'd like to see the program expanded. I shoot models in swimsuits (and less) and would like to see the program work on more than just the face

Requests:

- Get rid of the server connection; although I understand this is a potential way to secure licenses, it's a big minus when working on site without an internet connection
- Be able to choose whether to save as TIFF, no matter what the input image was.

Perhaps also:
- Use a max internal image size to do the processing (user-definable), for more responsive controls. Then do a full process cycle just before saving. Although this influences the image slightly, it would speed up the creative process of trial & error.

Other than that, awesome tool! Smile

Main request I have is as as above, simply to remove the server connection and make it work standalone. Maybe you could check the license via server when an active internet connection is present and have a 90 day countdown reset each time the license is validated?

It is a great program and it would be great to be able to use it on location. I work events and parties and a mini-makeover would probably increase sales to the ladies BUT if I can't offer it all the time then I can't offer it ever - most bookings are from a previous event and they would be really annoyed if I didn't offer them a service they saw at the party they booked me from.

Hi, I love this program. But most pictures that are of the face also have the neck in the picture. The face may look great when your done but then the neck doesn't look as good as the face, so therefore the face doesn't match the neck. Almost all of the complaints I've heard is that statement. I want my neck to look as good as my face does. By adding this feature of skintone and airbrushing of the neck would really be beneficial to your business and mine. Please add this feature to an upgrade to the Portrait Professional software. Thanks for taking this idea in to consideration.

jas Wrote:Main request I have is as as above, simply to remove the server connection and make it work standalone. Maybe you could check the license via server when an active internet connection is present and have a 90 day countdown reset each time the license is validated?

It is a great program and it would be great to be able to use it on location. I work events and parties and a mini-makeover would probably increase sales to the ladies BUT if I can't offer it all the time then I can't offer it ever - most bookings are from a previous event and they would be really annoyed if I didn't offer them a service they saw at the party they booked me from.

That's my biggest peeve with this cool program. RAW support would be nice, too.

Keep working on it,
Jetboy
Big Grin