• ¡Welcome to the PortraitPro Forum!
  • Portrait Professional is now PortraitPro!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Major Problem with PP11
I have just found that PP 11 Studio 64bit version (For Mac) cannot automatically detect faces in profile (Full side on profile not 3 quarter etc)

At first I thought it was just the plug in so I tried the full version and that was the same.

This is a major oversight by some software that has been in development for so long.

I also tried opening the same image directly from PP and did the manual points mode as per older versions.

When I did this it caused weird squares to appear on the hair in the image, fair enough the hair was a very bright orange colour but I check the skin selection area just in case and this looked fine.

This needs to be sorted pretty quickly and I am very disappointed in this as you cannot argue that the software was 'rushed' out

I am having so many problems with PP Studio Pro 64 that I don't have the time to list. I shoot with a Nikon D800. Some of the many problems are:

PP CLOSES AS ONE IS TRYING TO "OPEN" A FILE. IT CAN DO THIS REPEATEDLY.

PP FINDS MULTIPLE FACES IN ANYTHING THAT HAS TEXTURE AS, BACKDROPS, GARMENTS, TREES, WALLS, ETC..

PP FREEZES REPEATEDLY WHEN SAVING THE D800 FILE IN THE PLUGIN AND SOMETIMES IN THE STANDALONE.

PP AS IT SAVES THE 16BIT FILE IT CONVERTS IT TO 8BIT NO MATTER WHAT CHOICE OF SAVE IS USED.

PP TENDS TO GRAY OUT THE AREAS IN THE SAVED IMAGE. THESE AREAS SHOW UP WITHOUT ANY COLOR OR DETAIL AND ARE THE ONES WHERE PP EDIT WAS DONE.

It is irresponsible to sell a product that has not been tested for all existing cameras. Portrait Professional asked me to send them the RAW image that I was having problems with and I received a reply with some directions that failed. When I wrote back they asked me to send them the image that I was having problems with, again.

I have many, many images to edit and I have been waiting for this problem to be resolved since last week. I decided to buy Portrait+ and although it does not have the same adjustments, it did a satisfactory job.

I spend the upgrade money and also in upgrading my computer to an additional 16gig RAM Memory. Still, it does not work and it has the same horrible performance as it did before the upgrade, DISMAL!!!

I HAVE BEEN PHOTOGRAPHING FOR 30 YEARS AND I HAVE NEVER HAD ANY PROBLEMS WITH EQUIPMENT OR PROGRAMS AS I AM HAVING WITH PP STUIDO P 64.
I RECOMMEND, STRONGLY RECOMMEND, NOT TO BUY OR UPGRADE THIS PROGRAM, ESPECIALLY IF YOU ARE A NIKON D800 SHOOTER.

SAVE YOUR MONEY AND THE DEEP FRUSTRATION IT WILL CAUSE.

I AM SUBMITTING AN EXAMPLE.

I'm using v11 and Lightroom 4... sending 16bit TIFF via plugin and PP does a great job automatically! But the image when returned to Lightroom has a moire like artifact that completely covers the areas altered by PP. Has anyone else seen these results?

Tried PP v11 on several more images, this moire like artifact does not happen on all images, only 2 out of 3!

Yes Greg, I am experiencing the same problems with the Standalone and the Plugin does not work with large files like the Nikon D800.

It seems that moire and muddy areas appear when there are a few manual adjustments made in addition to the automatic ones. I received a message from PP stating that they are working on the problem and that it will be corrected in an update to be released in a few days.

(11-13-2012, 06:06 PM)cimpp Wrote: Yes Greg, I am experiencing the same problems with the Standalone and the Plugin does not work with large files like the Nikon D800.

It seems that moire and muddy areas appear when there are a few manual adjustments made in addition to the automatic ones. I received a message from PP stating that they are working on the problem and that it will be corrected in an update to be released in a few days.

Great, same here. I posted one example...now I see I am not the only one....

I'm experiencing the same moire issue. I'm glad to hear there's an update on the way.

I put this in another thread but will share it here too:

After doing some editing tonight I can now elaborate on this issue.

I worked on a picture with three faces on and didn't want to do anything too special.

Two of the faces were fine with the basic editing applied, the other face she had a spot on her chine which the basic settings didn't remove so I used the touch up brush to remove it with just a couple of strokes and it looked fine.

When I returned it back to photoshop the two faces that had the basic settings applied looked fine but the one that required a manual change had that moire effect on it.

I was impressed with Ver 11 but this is a major oversight that should have been picked up during testing.

I hope PP fix this pretty soon because the work I was doing meant I had to undo everything and start again and I needed to get these pictures done pretty quickly.

I have the same problem with version 11. It is a problem with Tiff files.

I had the same problem with moire after using the retouch brush but when I tried to repeat the processing to post the result here it work fine !

My workflow was 1. process the RAW file to a 16bit image in Photoshop 2. use the PP plugin before returning to PS.
As I say the result varied from OK to having moire for no apparent reason.

I then tried the same image but converted it to 8bit prior to using PP and using touch up brush. Result, I got an image back with the blotchy skin (gray face) effect noted by others.

Conclusion - there are some complex problems within PP v11 and it should never have been offered as a upgrade to existing users. Given the length of time between Anthropics saying that v11 was on it's way and the launch of this flaky version, I'm not holding my breath for a fix to appear !

(11-19-2012, 04:47 PM)keithblan Wrote: I had the same problem with moire after using the retouch brush but when I tried to repeat the processing to post the result here it work fine !

My workflow was 1. process the RAW file to a 16bit image in Photoshop 2. use the PP plugin before returning to PS.
As I say the result varied from OK to having moire for no apparent reason.

I then tried the same image but converted it to 8bit prior to using PP and using touch up brush. Result, I got an image back with the blotchy skin (gray face) effect noted by others.

Conclusion - there are some complex problems within PP v11 and it should never have been offered as a upgrade to existing users. Given the length of time between Anthropics saying that v11 was on it's way and the launch of this flaky version, I'm not holding my breath for a fix to appear !

Keith, I work with very large files the smaller ones been a Nikon D800. The plugin does not work for me at all. I have to use the Standalone and it does not work either. It is very bad as it stands right now.