• ¡Welcome to the PortraitPro Forum!
  • Portrait Professional is now PortraitPro!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Version 11
It is now over three weeks since I raised a support call and I am yet to get a response.

I am seriously unimpressed with PPs lack of customer support/loyalty

I'd rather they came out with an update that is truly 'finished' as much as possible, than have them pressured into trying to rush something out that is buggy and crashes - and that results in more complaints.

PP 10 is pretty dang good already, so I'll wait.

"When will it be out?"

"When it's done."

I have to admit that I was in the wrong and I did get a response from PP via their website.

I was expecting to get an email about it but did not I had to go into the support page and view the status.

I sit corrected and apologise for that.

I do agree with your comments Franklin but I am still not happy about the lack of updates regarding version 11 though.

The response on the support call was that there was no further information.

I work in support and I know that customers are happy if they are kept updated even if the updates is along the lines of 'No news yet but please bear with us'

Skids, when you first register your software, I think you use an e-mail address which is different from what you are using now?! I have exactly the same problem as you and since I knew of the limitation (problem), I have now revert to read the support page.

This is my first post but I just needed to express my frustration with this upgrade debacle. I understand software development issues and I really do want Version 11 to be as perfect as possible before release.
My frustration is that Portrait Professional has been using the free update to Version 11 as an advertising tool, dangling the carrot to get people to pay to upgrade since at least last November. That is when I paid to upgrade to edition Studio 64 with the promise of all the new wonderful features. Seven months of promises and still no update. In my opinion, this has just gone on too long, and PP has made no attempt to keep any of us who paid with our trust updated on their progress.
Please give us at least an honest progress report, because right now this is becoming more and more just a promise of vaporware that we shelled out our $$ in your support. Since we supported PP, PP should show us a little support and respect in return.
Terry Fisher

Couldn't agree more Terry

Like I have said before, just a progress report would be a start even if its to say 'Its taking longer than expected'

It all seems too quiet

Come on Portrait Professional people!!! This is getting ridiculous now, give us some sort of progress report on version 11

Your silence is deafening!!

You act like these messages aren't being posted on here

Anything????

Interesting...they have nothing on the update to version 10.8, so can someone tell me what's changed since 10.1?
I've been receiving a lot of 'Upgrade Now' offers, however, I'm on version 10, Studio 64 Edition, so until 11 comes out, there are no upgrades.
The beauty of reality is that we are masters of its creation.

Until someone from PP provides at least a little update for the free upgrade to Portrait Professional 11 status, which was promised about a year ago, I wouldn't give them another red cent. The way this was handled I doubt I will ever support PP again even if PP 11 is delivered, which I am seriously beginning to doubt.
They have been very unprofessional towards their paying supporters.

(06-28-2012, 11:14 AM)Essence of Imagery Wrote: Interesting...they have nothing on the update to version 10.8, so can someone tell me what's changed since 10.1?
I've been receiving a lot of 'Upgrade Now' offers, however, I'm on version 10, Studio 64 Edition, so until 11 comes out, there are no upgrades.