• ¡Welcome to the PortraitPro Forum!
  • Portrait Professional is now PortraitPro!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Saving To Work Again (quick question)
Yes, I'm not sure there is a way to do this or not and I admit to not having looked for a solution--I'm just going on memory.

So, I had a client who wanted facial retouching. But, she didn't want it overdone. So I gave it my best shot. Turns out, she wanted a bit more. So, I had to start from scratch...marking everything, etc.

I know I could have saved the sliders but I think, if my memory is correct, threre isn't anything to save up the markings.

It would be nice if I could set up a photo, mark it, slide it, and save it (and all the markings and sliders for it into some kind of "project" file) in case I went overboard or didn't do enough.

I don't want anyone to go researching this for me (I can do that). I was just hoping if there was a simple way to do it and someone has used it or knows about it, they could simply say it could be done in a quick 25-30 word answer.

Thanks in advance. Smile
A veteran is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America," for an amount of "up to and including my life".

What I did is to call up the edited photo and retouch from there. I don't use the original image and redo everything.
This time round, you don't need to mark out the point accurately. In fact, you could actually uncheck the various controls as required.

For a little more retouching, I normally reduce the touch up brush strength and/or size. If overdone again, just use the restore brush with strength about half that of the touch up brush. The restore brush size could be large or targeted as required.

Hopes the above helps.

(01-24-2012, 03:02 AM)williamting Wrote: What I did is to call up the edited photo and retouch from there. I don't use the original image and redo everything.
This time round, you don't need to mark out the point accurately. In fact, you could actually uncheck the various controls as required.

For a little more retouching, I normally reduce the touch up brush strength and/or size. If overdone again, just use the restore brush with strength about half that of the touch up brush. The restore brush size could be large or targeted as required.

Hopes the above helps.

Thanks for your reply.

I hadn't thought about passing by the marking and just using the touchup brush. Thinking about it, though, seems like it would produce less better results than making the skin slider be applied once (in whatever amount you choose) than to apply one layer and then apply another layer on top. I wonder, if you're trying to show some small pores, how that works out.

Probably not the place for it but it seems like it would be a nice feature...to save all aspects of an image and be able to call it right back up and tweak, say, just one slider. Wink
A veteran is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America," for an amount of "up to and including my life".

As a matter of fact, I do try to use the skin slider only, ie, apply once instead of applying another layer using the touch up brush. But in reality, I ended up using the brush very often for target retouching. I think you are right that the result is better if slider only is used.

Have you thought about using "File->Save Session"? This allows you to continue from where you stop (or from the point you save the session). I tested it again just now and I think it meet your exact requirement. Don't forget to save your final work "File->Save Jpg/Tiff".

Let us know how it goes.

Well, I will have to check and see (but I'm hopeful on what you have said and tested). It could save me some time in the future Smile.

Now for that rep-boost ! Smile

(01-24-2012, 01:56 PM)williamting Wrote: As a matter of fact, I do try to use the skin slider only, ie, apply once instead of applying another layer using the touch up brush. But in reality, I ended up using the brush very often for target retouching. I think you are right that the result is better if slider only is used.

Have you thought about using "File->Save Session"? This allows you to continue from where you stop (or from the point you save the session). I tested it again just now and I think it meet your exact requirement. Don't forget to save your final work "File->Save Jpg/Tiff".

Let us know how it goes.

Hehe, just found myself in the same situation again and now I think I know why I've never seen that option--it's not available in the plug-in version. Sad I usually use my Photoshop plug-in of PPro.

Oh yes, you are right! I use plugin most of the time as well but forgot to mention it here. Ok, let me put this as a "wish list for 2012". I think it is important.

Thanks for your confirming reply, William. Smile

(01-30-2012, 06:17 PM)Slynky Wrote:
(01-24-2012, 01:56 PM)williamting Wrote: As a matter of fact, I do try to use the skin slider only, ie, apply once instead of applying another layer using the touch up brush. But in reality, I ended up using the brush very often for target retouching. I think you are right that the result is better if slider only is used.

Let us know how it goes.

Hehe, just found myself in the same situation again and now I think I know why I've never seen that option--it's not available in the plug-in version. Sad I usually use my Photoshop plug-in of PPro.

so when I'm in pp and save as jpeg it will not open up the iPhoto library for me to save it in... ? had to save it to my desktop?/
so when i go to save as jpeg it will not open the iPhoto library which is where i want to save it Help anyone?