• ¡Welcome to the PortraitPro Forum!
  • Portrait Professional is now PortraitPro!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Angie
(08-23-2011, 07:19 AM)garratt15a Wrote:
(08-22-2011, 12:29 PM)Slynky Wrote: It's just an animated GIF (made in Photoshop). It shows the before image 3 seconds and then the after image 3 seconds and loops back to start over again. Loop = endless.

Thanks. Smile

Humm...Not working for me Sad

If being viewed in a browser, it should be active (unless some security setting has been set to disable GIF animation).

If you can't see this one in your browser, then I would guess you can't see any animated GIFs on various websites. Sad
A veteran is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America," for an amount of "up to and including my life".

(08-23-2011, 07:53 AM)Roscoe Wrote:
(08-23-2011, 07:19 AM)garratt15a Wrote:
(08-22-2011, 12:29 PM)Slynky Wrote: It's just an animated GIF (made in Photoshop). It shows the before image 3 seconds and then the after image 3 seconds and loops back to start over again. Loop = endless.

Thanks. Smile

Humm...Not working for me Sad
Still not working Sad

Download and install Irfanview (http://www.irfanview.com) a freeware which will display animated gifs.

I think you went too far reshaping her chin. She'd look better if you made less of a departure from her actual head shape.

(11-30-2011, 04:32 AM)zemlinphoto Wrote: I think you went too far reshaping her chin. She'd look better if you made less of a departure from her actual head shape.

Perhaps. It's hard for me to tell. I know I lengthened the neck a bit and that might be causing some difference. The chin area may be a bit more narrow but to tell the truth, that face-sculpting tool is a bit of a mystery to me. Wink

Thanks for your feedback.
A veteran is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America," for an amount of "up to and including my life".

Nice presentation using the 3 second GIF!

I don't find the shape shift to her features flattering. The before shot shows her having very attractive structure. The after shot looks like like a different person -- like a twin sister.

I find the Skin effects to be slightly over applied. If reduced just a bit, the complexion would still clean up significantly while still retaining a sense of realism.

(11-30-2011, 05:39 PM)MusicLaw Wrote: Nice presentation using the 3 second GIF!

I don't find the shape shift to her features flattering. The before shot shows her having very attractive structure. The after shot looks like like a different person -- like a twin sister.

I find the Skin effects to be slightly over applied. If reduced just a bit, the complexion would still clean up significantly while still retaining a sense of realism.

Thanks for your observations. At two comments on shape, I'm guessing it's not popular. LOL. I keep studying the GIF to see where the difference is (looking especially at the right side--her left side) and the shaping looks so subtle. Again, I lengthened the neck some and wonder if that's adding to the change somehow.

As to skin, I experimented a lot because I don't like it overdone, either. So, in my estimation, I added just enough to get rid of pock marks and deep pores. You can still see some (under her lip and on the right of the image above her (her) left eye, I believe. At any rate, the skin texture (though a bit hard to see at this image size) shows a slight skin texture--especially noticeable looking on the right side of the image (her left side) and certainly isn't "smoothed out to a horrible gaussian glow"--LOL).

Again, thanks for your comments. I'll pay more attention next time.

The young lady is very elegant and beautiful and you did a great job. If I could offer one bit of feedback as someone who has not done a lot in PP, but uses PhotoShop a lot, the longer neck created in PP could be turned down just a bit to provide the look, but not quite as much.

As a newbie here, not sure if positive feedback in this forum is appropriate, but this is well done and just wanted offer a bit of feedback.

Z

Thanks for the feed back.

I think in ANY forum of feedback, any kind of feedback is welcome so long as it is meant constructively. Of course, some people are a bit blunt but they are usually easy to tell from the trolls Wink.