• ¡Welcome to the PortraitPro Forum!
  • Portrait Professional is now PortraitPro!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Difference between studio/studio 64 - limit on image size question!
Wink 
Hi

I'm considering buying this software but I would like to know the difference between 'Studio' and 'Studio 64' versions - ie: what limit is on the file size as this seems to be the only difference between the two (ok... there's the 'Optimized for 64 bit' but I don't really know what that is so it's not releveant to me at this moment in time!! Rolleyes)

I have a Pentax K7 which shoots at 14.6MP and I do use the RAW settings for portraits and/or important shoots (jpg's for fun).

I'm also interested in the photoshop plugin (does this include aperture 3.0?) and wanted to know if it allows for layers?

Thanks for any help you can give!

Smile

(10-28-2011, 04:29 AM)custard Wrote: Hi

I'm considering buying this software but I would like to know the difference between 'Studio' and 'Studio 64' versions - ie: what limit is on the file size as this seems to be the only difference between the two (ok... there's the 'Optimized for 64 bit' but I don't really know what that is so it's not releveant to me at this moment in time!! Rolleyes)

I have a Pentax K7 which shoots at 14.6MP and I do use the RAW settings for portraits and/or important shoots (jpg's for fun).

I'm also interested in the photoshop plugin (does this include aperture 3.0?) and wanted to know if it allows for layers?

Smile

Greetings,
The various versions are listed in this link:
http://www.portraitprofessional.com/editions/

You can also follow this link:
http://www.portraitprofessional.com/support/?qid=13

and download a trial version and kick the tires to see how it works for you.
As I do not work with Macs, I can not answer about the plug-in for Aperture. The plug-in for PS works great IMO.

Smile

PortraitProfessional Forum

(10-28-2011, 04:46 AM)tebogan Wrote:
(10-28-2011, 04:29 AM)custard Wrote: Hi

Smile

Greetings,
The various versions are listed in this link:
http://www.portraitprofessional.com/editions/

You can also follow this link:
http://www.portraitprofessional.com/support/?qid=13

and download a trial version and kick the tires to see how it works for you.
As I do not work with Macs, I can not answer about the plug-in for Aperture. The plug-in for PS works great IMO.

Smile

thanks - I'll probably go for the studio one and see how that goes.
I tried the trial but it's for the standard version so I can't see how it performs in photoshop... I'll have a little sleep on it and decide in the morning (it's 5am here!!)

thanks for your help Cool

If you follow the second link, it will take you to the Studio version trial download page.

Cool

(10-28-2011, 05:09 AM)tebogan Wrote: If you follow the second link, it will take you to the Studio version trial download page.

Cool

ah ha! thanks - I'll try that one out.
Big Grin

Why isn't this question actually answered? How tough is it for the developers to say:

1) Studio will handle up to xxxxxxxx bytes and Studio 64 will handle up to yyyyyyy bytes or even unlimited.

or

2) Studio is 32 bit and is limited to a 2 GB file size while Studio 64 is a 64 bit prgram that handles a file size so large you shouldn't reach it!

But, I believe Windows 7 files can be larger in their 32 bit version so it's a function of the memory that's used by the software.

Really, so what is the answer?

(11-19-2011, 11:08 PM)catfish Wrote: Why isn't this question actually answered? How tough is it for the developers to say:

1) Studio will handle up to xxxxxxxx bytes and Studio 64 will handle up to yyyyyyy bytes or even unlimited.

or

2) Studio is 32 bit and is limited to a 2 GB file size while Studio 64 is a 64 bit prgram that handles a file size so large you shouldn't reach it!

But, I believe Windows 7 files can be larger in their 32 bit version so it's a function of the memory that's used by the software.

Thank you Catfish for posing the question that no one has answered thus far. I do believe manufacturers intentionally do not answer, or post inclusive information concerning their products, because they do NOT want to provide ANY possible information that may reduce sales. So ANYONE on this forum know the answer as of January 13, 2013???? Am considering what portrait "cleaning" software to get to work with my new Canon 5d Mkiii .... SWEET body! Feel like I'm shooting with medium format camera! Anyone want to buy my film based Mamiya 645 equipt???

I believe there is no quick answer to the above question on xxxx size, where xxxx could be measured in image file size in bytes or number of pixels of the image sensor. Being a software developer before, I will never answer such a question because of the number of variables involved. Answering such a question will invite lots of legal issues and will invite lots of unnecessary demands. So, don't expect developer to commit to this question.

However, having said the above, I can tell you that I am working on 50 Mbytes raw files from my Hasselblad without issue on my V11 Studio 32-bit version.

Try out the software before buying. If it doesn't work for you or meet your expectation, just don't buy!

Once again, THANKS Williamting for reporting real life usage and version. It helps a great deal with decisions!

(11-19-2011, 11:08 PM)catfish Wrote: Why isn't this question actually answered? How tough is it for the developers to say:

or

If you follow the below link, you will find that the maximum memory for the 32 bit version of Windows 7 is 4 GB total, including video card.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windo...b599b31bf5