• ¡Welcome to the PortraitPro Forum!
  • Portrait Professional is now PortraitPro!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PP in Lightroom failing to retain work
Has anyone had trouble with PP v10.5 failing to retain any of the work that you have done through Lightroom?

I have some senior photos that I need to get processed and PP is not working at all through Lightroom right now and the standalone edition is now having issues as well. Needless to say, I would like to keep everything in LR so that I can keep track of all of the images in LR and not take them or the work outside and have to track my clients' images outside my main workflow that I already have established.

My system configuration is Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit version with a Intel i7 3.40 GHz cpu and 16 Gig of Ram. The OS is running on the C drive with all applications installed on D and the Lightroom catalog on E.

I have been trying to work with the support team but so far have not recieved a solution and I have deadlines coming up (this week) and still not a workable solution. I did some work to the images for proofs, but have a few touchups that need to be done and now PP is not working at all on my system!

Image sizes are smaller than the 30 mgs that is limited to the studio version and I have not been able to find anything that would explain the problem. It is going days between responses from support which is not making this go any faster and makes it even more frustrating since I am dealing with a customer who has to get the image into their yearbook.

One possible fix offered was to have PP on the same drive as LR, but it was not explained - and I am waiting for a response - is if it is just the exe's that need to be on the same drive or if the PP exe needs to be on the catalog drive. I originally installed the exes on the same (D) drive, so that should not have been an issue. Nothing gets installed on the LR catalog drive to limit any possible corruption or loss of data on that drive.

Any help or suggestions are appreciated.
David

(10-25-2011, 01:43 AM)journeyman Wrote: Has anyone had trouble with PP v10.5 failing to retain any of the work that you have done through Lightroom?

I have some senior photos that I need to get processed and PP is not working at all through Lightroom right now and the standalone edition is now having issues as well. Needless to say, I would like to keep everything in LR so that I can keep track of all of the images in LR and not take them or the work outside and have to track my clients' images outside my main workflow that I already have established.

My system configuration is Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit version with a Intel i7 3.40 GHz cpu and 16 Gig of Ram. The OS is running on the C drive with all applications installed on D and the Lightroom catalog on E.

I have been trying to work with the support team but so far have not recieved a solution and I have deadlines coming up (this week) and still not a workable solution. I did some work to the images for proofs, but have a few touchups that need to be done and now PP is not working at all on my system!

Image sizes are smaller than the 30 mgs that is limited to the studio version and I have not been able to find anything that would explain the problem. It is going days between responses from support which is not making this go any faster and makes it even more frustrating since I am dealing with a customer who has to get the image into their yearbook.

One possible fix offered was to have PP on the same drive as LR, but it was not explained - and I am waiting for a response - is if it is just the exe's that need to be on the same drive or if the PP exe needs to be on the catalog drive. I originally installed the exes on the same (D) drive, so that should not have been an issue. Nothing gets installed on the LR catalog drive to limit any possible corruption or loss of data on that drive.

David

What edition of PP are you running?
Standard only operates in a stand alone mode. Studio has a plug-in for PS.
As a register user, you can submit a support ticket.

PortraitProfessional Forum

(10-25-2011, 01:57 AM)tebogan Wrote:
(10-25-2011, 01:43 AM)journeyman Wrote: Has anyone had trouble with PP v10.5 failing to retain any of the work that you have done through Lightroom?

David

What edition of PP are you running?
Standard only operates in a stand alone mode. Studio has a plug-in for PS.
As a register user, you can submit a support ticket.

I am running the studio version and I have entered more than one support ticket and it is still not resolved. As I mentioned above, I am working on a deadline and have not been able to get consistent response from the support team.

They offered one fix, but were not clear on what they were asking me to do which prompted me to ask for clarification and still no response from them.

David

Hello Journeyman,

I've taken a look at your response and the support ticket you've created. Have you tried our fix of running all the applications from the same drive? Also I noticed you mentioned that they were originally on the same drive. Did you install PP and then move the folder? If so this is likely the cause of your troubles. Once the plugin has been installed, if you move any of the executables, this will probably cause issues. Please completely remove Portrait Professional and reinstall it to the same drive as your other executable. Then also reinstall the plugin from Settings> Plugin> Run Plugin Installer.

Please let us know what happened with our suggestion. If you require another activation to reinstall Portrait Professional onto the same drive as your other programs, please ask support on your existing ticket.

Arjun
Anthropics Technology Ltd.

(10-25-2011, 10:10 AM)Arjun Wrote: Hello Journeyman,

I've taken a look at your response and the support ticket you've created. Have you tried our fix of running all the applications from the same drive? Also I noticed you mentioned that they were originally on the same drive. Did you install PP and then move the folder? If so this is likely the cause of your troubles. Once the plugin has been installed, if you move any of the executables, this will probably cause issues. Please completely remove Portrait Professional and reinstall it to the same drive as your other executable. Then also reinstall the plugin from Settings> Plugin> Run Plugin Installer.

Please let us know what happened with our suggestion. If you require another activation to reinstall Portrait Professional onto the same drive as your other programs, please ask support on your existing ticket.

Arjun

When I opened this ticket, they had been installed on the same drive and nothing had been moved. So this is going back to the original state that they were in when I opened the ticket.

I have just installed and tried two images. It appears to be working, and even better news, I do not have to exit LR and then re-open it to find the image that I worked on.

It appears to be working at this time. Seems a bit sad that I have to come here to get a quicker response to the ticket that I had opened.

David

(10-25-2011, 02:00 PM)journeyman Wrote:
(10-25-2011, 10:10 AM)Arjun Wrote: Hello Journeyman,

Arjun

When I opened this ticket, they had been installed on the same drive and nothing had been moved. So this is going back to the original state that they were in when I opened the ticket.

I have just installed and tried two images. It appears to be working, and even better news, I do not have to exit LR and then re-open it to find the image that I worked on.

It appears to be working at this time. Seems a bit sad that I have to come here to get a quicker response to the ticket that I had opened.

David

The problem has been fixed, but to be clear, they were on the same drive, nothing had been moved and it was working when all of a sudden it stopped saving images that had been worked on and then it even stopped working as a stand alone product.

No reason, no warning and nothnig had changed during any of the time that it had been installed, other than not working.

We're glad that it's working again and appreciate the extra information; I'll take a look at trying to recreate the problem and see where the issue may stem from.
Anthropics Technology Ltd.

For what it's worth the default installation directory/folder can be changed (if you want software to install to a location other than C:\Windows\Program Files or C:\Windows\Program Files (x86) by using REGEDIT.EXE but if you're using a 64 bit version of Windows remember there are two versions of REGEDIT.EXE in there.
To access the 64 bit version do this ................. Enter into Start>Run: %systemroot%\syswow64\regedit
Then the default directory can be changed by editing the registry by doing this ................
Go to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion
3.) Change the Path in DWORDs ProgramFilesDir, ProgramFilesDir (x86) to the new path just by changing the drive letter of your choice.