• ¡Welcome to the PortraitPro Forum!
  • Portrait Professional is now PortraitPro!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Can I Transfer PP To New Computer
Kaspersky Anti-Virus destroyed PP on my old computer once again (2nd time). I would like to transfer PP to my new computer that has AVG Anti-Virus but don't know how to transfer my license. I did re-download PP from your License site but cannot activate it since it tells me PP has already been activated. Is there any way I can transfer my license to my new computer?

Try opening a support ticket, they can sometimes help with this.

Tony

Thank you Tony. I have already done this as you suggested and will await a reply from PP. For everyone's information, Kaspersky Anti-Virus sees PP (at least version 6) as a virus and disables it so it cannot be used. I got it fixed once but when I updated Kaspersky AV from version 2010 to 2011 it disabled my PP6 before I could add it to the "Exceptions" in Kaspersky.

I am apparently in the same situation as others. I purchased PP last week, installed it on my desktop and an old laptop. I have since purchased a new laptop and need to transfer PP to that machine. Thus far I have received only one response from support indicating that they apparently have no provision for a customer whose hard drive crashes or who replaces their old computer with a new one. I have submitted a new support ticket today and am hoping to get satisfaction on the matter promptly. By the way, I have also stated to Anthropics twice that I will only be using the program on two computers total, in comlpiance with their license agreement!

(10-01-2011, 04:39 PM)dbright Wrote: I am apparently in the same situation as others. I purchased PP last week, installed it on my desktop and an old laptop. I have since purchased a new laptop and need to transfer PP to that machine. Thus far I have received only one response from support indicating that they apparently have no provision for a customer whose hard drive crashes or who replaces their old computer with a new one. I have submitted a new support ticket today and am hoping to get satisfaction on the matter promptly. By the way, I have also stated to Anthropics twice that I will only be using the program on two computers total, in comlpiance with their license agreement!

Since the finger print of your hardware has changed, not just the hard drive, you must submit a ticket. If a hard drive crash, or OS reinstall, this does not change the fingerprint and a reinstall w/o need of ticket is simple.
Smile

PortraitProfessional Forum